Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holley Dual Sync Distributor Wiring

I can't wait to do mine!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by cmyer View Post
    I realize I'm posting just a bit past this thread's prime, but I wanted to provide some updated information.

The Holley 558-493 Adapter Harness, correctly manufactured, will have a 10-pin connector that plugs into the Holley Dual-Sync Distributor, a 2-pin connector that plugs directly in to the 2-pin crank signal connector on the Sniper, and only 1 loose wire which is connected to a switched 12-volt source to provide power to the distributor. A picture and ordering information is below, four are currently in stock:
    How ironic. When I ordered mine, along with a Dual Sync Distributor, you all claimed to have it in stock, GUARANTEED. But didn't have either! In fact, didn't have any ETA whatsoever, even though you proudly proclaim IN STOCK, GUARANTEED, all over your site. In fact, the two PMs I sent you when your company had a different name (a few months ago), have never been replied to, or even read.

I remember that because I was the one who suggested HolleyInjection.com (LINK & LINK). I felt bad about that.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

And I appreciate all your help Danny. I truly do.

It just irks me when I see someone on here trying to sell their goods, claiming everything is "In Stock, Guaranteed", and advertising that as fact, and their non-existent "guaranteed" technical support, then not being able to back up neither claim. Their false "in stock" claims, and "support" sucked, for lack of a better description. That was why I PMed this guy, twice, which ironically, was also a waste of my time & effort. Best Price & Free Shipping kinda get overpowered by "not REALLY" in stock, and no actual help when I called.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    And I appreciate all your help Danny. I truly do.

It just irks me when I see someone on here trying to sell their goods, claiming everything is "In Stock, Guaranteed", and advertising that as fact, and their non-existent "guaranteed" technical support, then not being able to back up neither claim. Their false "in stock" claims, and "support" sucked, for lack of a better description. That was why I PMed this guy, twice, which ironically, was also a waste of my time & effort. Best Price & Free Shipping kinda get overpowered by "not REALLY" in stock, and no actual help when I called.
    And I do feel badly about how that turned out and take full responsibility. And yes, I should have responded to your PMs. Your words were just so angry I didn't think I'd really get anywhere.

As stated on the website, our guarantee is that if we don't have the ability to ship within 1 business day you will be credited 5% if you are willing to wait. You chose not to wait and I fully appreciate that.

At the time of your order, the Holley Dual Sync Distributor to Sniper adapter harness was only a number in the Sniper installation manual. However, Holley had already made two of these for us (the first two ever shipped outside of Holley, to my knowledge) and we'd already sold them. We had 6 more on order, but because they were not yet in production and had to be hand-made especially for us, we did not yet have them available to ship. Holley provides ETAs for production parts. For hand-made special order parts it is more "we'll get to them as quickly as we can." Or, as we said in the Army, "Wait, out."

These harnesses are still not on Holley.com for order or anywhere else online, for that matter. To my knowledge, we are the only reseller that has actually read the manual, shown the initiative to offer these for online order, then beg Holley to ship them. Being on the cutting edge of anything means you occasionally bleed a bit.

If there is any way that I can make up to you the inconvenience of not having the harness in stock when you ordered it, I would appreciate the opportunity. Can I send you the harness for free or did you already get one?
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

Thanks anyway, but that ship sailed 7 weeks ago...yes, SEVEN WEEKS AGO, when I tried to notify you. And I stand by my original complaint that if you do not have something in stock, which you admittedly knew you didn't have them in stock, then it is False Advertising, plain & simple.

As far as being upset, I find out my credit card was already charged, BEFORE your salesperson emailed me telling me you did not have them, and had no idea when you would. Anyone in their right mind would be upset, to have a credit card charged, and no idea when you'd get the item that you ordered, that was bogusly guaranteed to be in stock.

Your sales associate, Alan Hebert, offered absolutely nothing in the way of customer service, and actually acted as if I was bothering him by inquiring about what was going on. He never asked me if I wanted to "wait" or not, and quite frankly I'm glad I didn't.

Not to mention, I wouldn't be all fuzzy inside being offered a pacification of 5% off a $25 part anyway. I understand that this forum does not have an email notification system, but it does very clearly show if you have a notification when you are on the site. And you've been on several times since December 15th, when I PMed you.

Thankfully, Holley Tech Support actually does support their customers. I emailed them directly, explaining how you guys jerked me around, and they made, and mailed, me a harness for free. THAT, is customer service.

Thank you for the feedback. I think that we generally do much better for our customers, but we obviously did not meet your expectations in this case. I will certainly look more closely at the circumstances surrounding the customer service you received, and will do what is necessary to improve.
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

Danny, I ordered the Pontiac Dual Sync Distributor from Jegs 6 weeks ago. They still do not an ETA, any idea when it's being shipped?

This isn't my department, but the product webpage states it's in stock. Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

No reply yet from Tech Service, but apparently now in stock at Jegs, and on it's way to me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123