Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V2 to V4 nightmare!

Hey guys. So something I found, and I cant tell when it was changed, or if it was always like this. My Injector End Angle is 0°, and my Minimum Injector Time is 1.00 msec. That sound normal for my setup?

Quote Originally Posted by 1320king View Post
    My Injector End Angle is 0°...
    That's the default value.

...and my Minimum Injector Time is 1.00 msec.
    That's what mine is set to.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, perfect!

UPDATE: So I got frustrated and redid the entire map, front to back, and copied everything over to the new map that my tuner did. I think I somewhat figured out my revving then shutting off issue. When I tip-in throttle or blip the throttle, the IAC is not moving and going to 40% like it is set to do. It is only moving from around 4%-10% when I touch the throttle. Here are my IAC RAMP DOWN settings:
    IAC Hold - 40%
    Ramp Decay - 3.0 sec
    RPM Above Idle To Start Ramp - 1000
    RPM Above Idle To Re-enable Idle Control - 50

Am I just looking at the wrong settings? I could have sworn my IAC used to jump up when I blipped the throttle, and not stay still.

Quick rev datalog:

Attachment 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I suggested doing this in post #9.
    You definite told me to do that! And it was great advice, and I'm happy I was able to salvage my old map. Now time to fix whatever the heck happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 1320king View Post
    UPDATE: So I got frustrated and redid the entire map, front to back, and copied everything over to the new map that my tuner did.
    I suggested doing this in post #9. And perform another TPS Autoset.

I could have sworn my IAC used to jump up when I blipped the throttle, and not stay still.
    Yes, that's what the IAC Hold parameter does when the TPS Position increases above 2%.
    You'll probably have to increase the "RPM Above Idle To Re-enable Idle Control" to 200 RPM.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual & Diagrams)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, that's what the IAC Hold parameter does when the TPS Position increases above 2%.
    You'll probably have to increase the "RPM Above Idle To Re-enable Idle Control" to 200 RPM.
    Switched it to 200 RPM and still nothing. IAC just raises about 5-6% when I blip the throttle. Only when the RPM starts to drop like a sack of potatoes, does the IAC kick up to 40%, but by that time it's too late and it shuts off.

EDIT/UPDATE: Switched the above Idle Start Ramp to 500, RPM Above Idle to 200 and raised the IAC Hold to 45%, and it revs out smooth again!!! *Insert happy dance.* Not perfect but at least it won't shut off now!
    Last edited by 1320king; 12-11-2016 at 02:26 PM.

A "Blip" of the throttle does not activate the IAC. It doesn't go to it every time you touch the throttle. You actually have to be in the throttle for a little bit for the IAC Hold to make it to its full value. It starts to move when you crack the throttle, as soon as you let off the throttle, it starts the Decay. If it never made it to your Hold value, it starts to Decay from the value it reached when you let off.

I don't remember what the throttle has to move for it to actually activate the full IAC Hold value, but you have to have an accurate TPS Autoset to make it work correctly.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

That would make sense why nothing I touch makes a huge difference in that aspect. I have gotten back to were I can rev the thing and it doesn't shut off, but I'm still battling this surging when I hold the RPM steady, or when I'm slowly driving it up hill with a small amount of load.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast