Thread: Purple Hornies, no instructions, which way is it installed?

instuctions please Guest

Default Purple Hornies, no instructions, which way is it installed?

OK, this thing arrived, part #50225, and it has no instructions. Which way does it go? With the open holes on the inside towards the engine, or away?

Sorry for the missing instructions. The Spiral Louvers face the front of the exhaust.
    Thanks, Eric H

I have a question about part number 50225FLT.
    I just got my Purple Hornies muffler and installed it today. Those holes inside, I put facing towards the engine. There also wasn't any instructions. After I clamped it on flush and tight, I started up my '96 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, and was shocked that it wasn't as loud as everyone says. I'm honestly disappointed. When I watched all the YouTube videos out there, and saw how mean this little purple pipe sounded, I didn't hesitate to order one. So did I do something wrong here? Driving in the cab it's quiet, but when I'm parked and I really romp on the pedal, then it has that nasty sound to it which I like. But it's quiet on idle. Any help here, or maybe a link to the real instructions, so I can double check? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Radier1 View Post
    After I clamped it on flush and tight, I started up my '96 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L, and was shocked that it wasn't as loud as everyone says.
    The muffler sound depends on the engine and the exhaust system it's installed on.
    A stock 5.9L engine with catalytic converters, will not sound very mean at idle.
    If you were to install your same muffler on a race engine, it would sound much louder.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires