Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stalling issue after enabling timing control with Sniper.

1. Default

This past weekend, I adjusted & phased until I was blue. LOL. Car was OK at higher RPM but poor at idle. (Would die and some cylinders not firing at times.) Realized I was occasionally getting erratic RPM readings, and this was causing the timing to jump from the idle setting to the cruise setting almost instantly. Did some research and found there are some other settings if you download the software from the software page. I got the erratic spark to go away, and RPM looks steady, but once again dies intermittently at idle. I will work on more today.

UPDATE: Well I tried all the filtering settings in the software to no avail. Still same issue. So I did as you instructed installing the stock rotor back on timing as normal with Ignition Reference Angle 10° above cruise and using dwell to sync at higher RPM. Initial test drive good. No stall! Woot! Woot! I don't want to get too excited just yet, because this thing has fooled me before. Maybe a couple more drives before I'm convinced. Thanks rel3rd.

That's awesome. Hopefully, you are now Good To Go!
    And don't feel bad about not quite trusting it yet. I still pucker up every time I drive the car, just waiting for some stupid issue to rear its ugly head. That's mainly thanks to the FiTech throttle body I had on the car at first, but the Holley Timing Control debacle of mine sure didn't help either. Good Luck!

Another positive review (so far) on my setup. I've got an MSD 6T, MSD coil & MSD distributor. Everything ran fine with the old HEI setup. Bought all of this to control timing and found out after the fact that there was quite a few people having issues with it. I had random stalling, randomly acting like it was out of time, start die, start die, etc. Took the adjustable rotor out and put the factory MSD one back in it, and both test runs have been a success! Hopefully it's good to go!

Good deal. Is it starting OK?

Yes, for the most part. At times, it seems like the timing is advanced too far, but I've tried lowering it down, and it does the same thing. I drove the Jeep another 6 or 7 miles today without any driveability issues or anything.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345