Thread: WBO2 Sensor Location

Default WBO2 Sensor Location

My Cobra replica car has side pipes, and there is no convenient or safe place to locate the WBO2 sensor. Can you recommend an alternate location? Perhaps in one of the primary header tubes? Also, does the Sniper EFI system kick-up the idle when the cooling fan turns on?
    Last edited by bingo2; 11-16-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
    Perhaps in one of the primary header tubes?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2903#post62903 (Related Forum Thread)

Also, does the Sniper EFI system kick-up the idle when the cooling fan turns on?
    No, but the IAC valve will maintain the idle speed.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
    My Cobra replica car has side pipes, and there is no convenient or safe place to locate the WBO2 sensor. Can you recommend an alternate location? Perhaps in one of the primary header tubes? Also, does the Sniper EFI system kick-up the idle when the cooling fan turns on?
    I have mine installed in the collector just before the side exhaust. It's not the "best" place, but has done well with my Terminator. You just have to consider the engine rotation under power, and get it as close to the frame as you can. Mine ended up about the 9 o'clock spot. I also did one with a separate collector (about 2-3" long) we made, just after the 4 into 4 connection to the side pipes. This is easier to get to, but will take some work if you have to cut & shorten your exhaust headers, provided you have 4 into 4.

Would 6" from where the collector connects to the exhaust, be too far down the system? Due to some welding of the exhaust to the collector connection point, that looks to be the the best for a smooth fit. Otherwise the welds would probably cause the the WBO2 port to leak. Eventually, I could get one welded in, but for now I was just going to use the band clamp bung that comes in the Sniper Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by caverman View Post
    Would 6" from where the collector connects to the exhaust, be too far down the system?
    No, six inches past the header collector flange (merge) is just fine.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11193.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Quick Start Manual - Step #7, Page 8)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires