Thread: Dual Sync & Sniper EFI Compatibility

Default Dual Sync & Sniper EFI Compatibility

I'm building a Gen 1 SBC that I've been driving for a few years. Have been researching EFI for the last two months. Holley Sniper EFI system seems an easy enough entry level fuel injection system to try out. I plan to replace the distributor at the same time as the EFI system. My question is, will the Holley Dual Sync Distributor work with the Sniper EFI? And if it will, will it plug straight in, or will I still need an MSD box along with cam & crank sensors noted in the online instructions? I've looked all over Holley.com and other sites for compatibility options and link/signal requirements but, have had no luck. I know Sniper is a brand new system but, any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks, J. Redmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Redmond View Post
    My question is, will the Holley Dual Sync Distributor work with the Sniper EFI?
    Yes, read the Sniper EFI instruction manual.

And if it will, will it plug straight in...
    Yes, with the Holley 558-493 ignition adapter harness.

...or will I still need an MSD box along with cam & crank sensors noted in the online instructions?
    The Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor is the crank & cam sensor in one unit. No, a CD ignition box is not required due to the coil driver module.

I've looked all over Holley.com and other sites for compatibility options and link/signal requirements but, have had no luck.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor Timing Control, Page 19)
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11193.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Quick Start Manual - Ignition Type/Timing Control, Step 8, 9 & 10, Page 9)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Thumbs up

Thank you for confirming. I read over the instruction manual once, but I didn't feel confident in what I was reading & comprehending.
    Lastly, will I need to call Holley to order the 558-493 adapter harness? I'm not having any luck finding it on their website or any other parts sites.
    Jon Redmond

'67 C-10 327ci
    '14 Sierra 6.2L/376

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Redmond View Post
    Lastly, will I need to call Holley to order the 558-493 adapter harness? I'm not having any luck finding it on their website or any other parts sites.
    Yes, and it should be on the Holley website soon.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yes, and it should be on the Holley website soon.
    Danny, thanks for all your help. I've called Holley, and they've got the harness on its way.
    Jon Redmond

'67 C-10 327ci
    '14 Sierra 6.2L/376

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    The Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor is the crank & cam sensor in one unit. No, a CD ignition box is not required due to the coil driver module.
    Hi Danny. I've just ordered a 550-511K for my Ford 289W. I'm just about to order a 565-102 distributor to go with it. I'm just running a standard-style MSD Blaster 2 canister coil, currently without any "coil driver module". But the wiring diagram in the timing control instructions for the 550-511K, refers to a "coil driver module" into which the pink ignition switch wire (which also goes into the 558-493 adapter), the black ground wire, the white points wire and the gray coil (-) output wire are connected. My questions is this: Does the "coil driver module" come with the 565-102 distributor, as it would most aftermarket distributors, or do I need to purchase it separately? If I do, is 554-123 the correct part #? Thanks, Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Spackman View Post
    My questions is this: Does the "coil driver module" come with the 565-102 distributor, as it would most aftermarket distributors, or do I need to purchase it separately?
    Yes, the coil driver module is included with the Sniper EFI Kit (item #14 - "Parts Identification, page 3). Please read the Sniper EFI instruction manual.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Instruction Manual - Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor Timing Control, Page 19)

Thanks Danny! That's where my confusion was; I'm looking for it in the distributor literature. Have a happy new year! Regards, Al.

Smile Adapter Harness 558-493

Hi again Danny. Sorry to be a pain, but I'm in Australia (hence the nighttime forum posts), so I can't call up during business hours so easily. I need to order the Holley 558-493 Adapter Harness, but it's not on the website yet. Can you please have someone in sales email me (there's no email address on the website), so I can order through them? Thanks, Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Spackman View Post
    Can you please have someone in sales email me (there's no email address on the website), so I can order through them? Thanks, Al.
    Their Online Tech Support works well for this purpose:
    https://www.holley.com/support/support_request/ (Online Tech Support)

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2766#post82766 (Additional Holley 558-493 Information)