Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: '94 Mustang Install

Finding the sensor and any info on it was almost like catching a ghost. The only place I can find any info on the sensor is on the eBay ad. I sent an email to the place I got it from, but they're in China, not sure what kind of response I can expect.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/401126760865...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. It's one of the few times I have done a search online, and got so few good responses.

I advised checking your engine's shop manual (wiring schematics). Or, you should be able to decipher the two wires from the old knock sensor connector/wiring.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I know, but the problem is that the '94/'95, heck not even sure what Mustangs have knock sensors. This is out of a '96 Ford Bronco, and I did searches on its wiring schematic, but all I can find is the OEM wire colors, and not a pin-out of the harness to it. The Mustang manual I have is an OEM 4 book series that has a section on harnesses & pin-outs, but it's not listed in it. I think this set cost me $80 or so, between buying a similar set for the Bronco to do it or guessing...I dunno.

I'll gladly help you with the Holley EFI wiring side of things, but you're responsible for the engine components you choose to use.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Well then I might have to take you off the Christmas card list...LOL! Just kidding, of course I understand. I will post all the info I can find, as it's been one of those few times when I do a search it comes up with very, very little. Hopefully it will help someone later.

The little bit I was able to find on the '94/'95 Mustang ignition system, said it was easier to swap to a Fox body style distributor that had the TFI built into it. I got it and it was much easier, but it didn't take long to realize Ford moved the TFI module because it sticks out and hits the accessory bracket. I looked everywhere for info on how to wire it then, but the only info I could find was on the MegaSquirt site. Does this look like it makes sense? I can't find any info on here or anywhere else for that matter. The '94/'95 is bastard model for Mustangs as it was the first year of the new body style, yet the last two years of the 302. So there are a few parts that are specific to only those two years, and I didn't know till now that the alt was one of them.
    https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...r-mustang-5-0/

You can still remotely mount the TFI module off the distributor.
    Just need a heat sink for the TFI module and a three wire harness.
    http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...mote_tfi.shtml (TFI Module Relocation)

The TFI on the '94 Mustang already has that heat sink. I will have to see about getting the tool to take it apart I guess, and see what's inside to see if it can be modified or would you recommend getting a Ranger TFI?

I'm confused. You have a Ford TFI distributor (TFI module on the distributor), and you want to remote mount it somewhere in the engine compartment. If so, isn't this as simple as relocating the same TFI module with a 3-wire extension harness. (The Holley Dual Sync Distributor would be so much easier.)

Ah yeah, I guess that way would work. I had put the Fox body distributor on the shelf to return it, and had already taken it out of the equation prior to your response. So I just didn't think of that option when I read it. And honestly, I'm not sure I understood what they did, until I was cooking dinner a short while ago (took time to marinate I guess). So I guess I'll see about getting the heat sink off of the stock TFI and swap that to the new one, make the block-off plate, run the wires and see how that looks. Thanks again.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast