Thread: Sniper EFI 8 Injector Master Kit

Default Sniper EFI 8 Injector Master Kit

My brother has a 1971 Nova with a 468 big block with 680 HP at the crankshaft, and 550 HP at the rear wheels. He wants to know when Holley will be shipping the eight injector version of the Sniper EFI. He isn't in a big hurry, this would be a winter project. He would also like to know what the cost of the 8 injector master kit would be.
    Thanks.

As always, you'll have to contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) for new product release information.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

And what was the official answer?

It will be available "soon". Holley never announces definitive dates.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I heard the Super Sniper is the eight injector version, and has the same throttle body with 800 cfm rating?
    It's not for N/A engine with more power, it's just the solution for power adder like turbos & blowers?

I would like to go with Holley, but my engine is a 545 with around 650-700 HP, and I'm afraid that it will create a vacuum under WOT.
    A little power loss is acceptable, what do think Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by Robs455 View Post
    I would like to go with Holley, but my engine is a 545 with around 650-700 HP, and I'm afraid that it will create a vacuum under WOT. A little power loss is acceptable, what do think Danny?
    In my opinion, forget the Sniper and install a Holley MPFI system.

Of course, but Holley doesn't sell a dual sync distributors for a Buick engine.

Multi-port fuel injection doesn't require a cam sync sensor. (You could use a crank trigger kit, and an empty distributor to distribute spark.) Sequential injection and/or coil-per-cylinder requires a cam sync sensor. Does the Pontiac or Oldsmobile distributor (LINK) also fit a Buick?

Oldsmobile & Pontiac distributors don't fit in a Buick engine. But the EFI 36-1 crank trigger will work (replacing my MSD crank trigger). I don't want hijack this tread, I will create a new one in the right section. See you there Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs455 View Post
    But the EFI 36-1 crank trigger will work (replacing my MSD crank trigger).
    Why do you need a 36-1 crank trigger kit? You can reuse your MSD 4x Flying Magnet crank trigger kit with Holley's 554-118 Hall-Effect (direct-fit replacement) crank sensor.