Thread: 71 Chevelle SS - FiTech to Holley EFI Swap

Default 71 Chevelle SS - FiTech to Holley EFI Swap

'71 Chevelle SS
    Owner built 439 cid, Turbo 400 with 3300 stall, 3.90 geared 12 bolt rear.
    Car weighs 4200 lbs with me in it, and still has functional factory A/C.
    Car has been 11.31 @ 117 with 4.10 gears, and has been 11.75 @ 115 with 3.08 gears.

Did a FiTech throttle body injection EFI swap back in December 2015, and will be swapping that in favor of a Holley Sniper EFI system, which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (10/28/2016). Hoping the customer service & technical help is better than the non-existent tech help & service from my current EFI company. Also hoping the Holley meets, or beats, the current performance as well.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Yeah, I was lurking around here a bit yesterday. I'm really looking forward to getting the EFI software, as soon as it's available.
    I hope to provide some decent feedback regarding any differences between what I have, and what I will have. It'll also be documented here, like I have done for the "old" setup: http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-efi/
    It's nice seeing some actual help from the manufacturer, as opposed to no support at all, and literally being an unpaid R & D guinea pig, like I have had for the last 10 months. Thanks, Bob.

Just realized that I had forgotten to update this thread.

First off, 100% glad that I ditched the FiTech for the HOLLEY SNIPER EFI. Car starts, idles and runs better than it used to. Sniper seems to LEARN faster.
    The few times I have needed "tech help", either by calling, or email, they have been great, as has Danny Cabral, the resident Holley Answer Man here.
    Car has also ran it's best dragstrip numbers with the HOLLEY SNIPER, and it's current drivetrain combo.

11.72@115 w/3.90's, 3300 stall, and FiTech GoEFI4.
    11.51@116 w/3.90's, 3300 stall, and Holley Sniper EFI.

Next up is conversion to Holley Dual Sync Distributor, as I just could not get the MSD to start well, using it for Timing Control.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cecil2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	2258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sideshot.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	2259