Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many relays needed?

Sorry to hijack guys. I have a complete Snow Stage 3 system right now, but like the idea of the Holley setup. Would I be able to use my existing Snow methanol pump with the Holley solenoid?

The Holley 557-100 Water/Meth Pump operates at 145 psi. I'd sell your Snow Stage 3 Kit (complete), and purchase the Holley Water/Meth Injection Kit.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...nd_components/ (Holley EFI Water/Meth Kits & Components)
    Once again, you cannot purchase just the Nozzles. You can only buy them with a solenoid. Which means you have to pay $230 for a solenoid/nozzle kit, instead of $15 for just a nozzle like you can through every other company in the Water/Meth market. Somebody on the Inside needs to tell Holley to sell Just the Nozzles (with no extra pieces). LOTS of people own kits already, and only need a Holley nozzle to work with the Holley system to use the "Fuel Flow" table.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by acstudios View Post
    Sorry to hijack guys. I have a complete Snow Stage 3 system right now, but like the idea of the Holley setup. Would I be able to use my existing Snow methanol pump with the Holley solenoid?
    It will work Just fine. You will probably have to set it up using Solenoid Duty Cycle due to a difference in Pump Pressure. So it's not going to be completely ideal if your existing pump has a higher pressure than the Holley pump. You may want to set it and flow the nozzle/pump into a bucket/measuring cup, and measure exactly how much it actually puts out so you can better calculate a duty cycle to use in the Holley ECU.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Once again, you cannot purchase just the Nozzles. You can only buy them with a solenoid. Which means you have to pay $230 for a solenoid/nozzle kit, instead of $15 for just a nozzle like you can through every other company in the Water/Meth market. Somebody on the Inside needs to tell Holley to sell Just the Nozzles (with no extra pieces). LOTS of people own kits already, and only need a Holley nozzle to work with the Holley system to use the "Fuel Flow" table.
    OK, I was busy and didn't realize you meant just the actual nozzle. Yes, they're not available separately through Holley, but they're available. It'd be helpful if I you can tell me the material type, spray angle & thread size.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#fogging-no...4a2dbiiuus2suf (McMaster-Carr "Fogging Nozzles")
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    It will work Just fine. You will probably have to set it up using Solenoid Duty Cycle due to a difference in Pump Pressure. So it's not going to be completely ideal if your existing pump has a higher pressure than the Holley pump. You may want to set it and flow the nozzle/pump into a bucket/measuring cup, and measure exactly how much it actually puts out so you can better calculate a duty cycle to use in the Holley ECU.
    I would have to check my pumps. I have one from Snow Performance and another from Coolingmist. They are both older, and I think they're around 150 PSI before they started moving everything from 200 - 300 PSI. They are both Aquatec pumps with the meth company sticker atop them. I run a pre & post impeller spray with nozzles from ProMeth (Alcohol Injection Systems). So my setup is a mesh of a Snow pump, Snow Stage 3 controller, Coolingmist solenoid & ProMeth nozzles, LOL.

Are you saying that I could run the setup I already have if I changed out to Holley nozzles? I do only have the one solenoid in place before the nozzles and after the pump.

Hope it isn't confusing that I'm back & confused. So keep the Snow Kit, and I would need a relay and the: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/554-115? Or I would have to sell the Snow Kit and buy the Holley Kit?

If you don't understand what S2H described in post #14, sell your Snow Kit (complete), and purchase the Holley Water/Meth Injection Kit. It's much easier this way, and you'll have a W/M kit that intuitively works well with Holley EFI (& applicable instructions too).

Quote Originally Posted by acstudios View Post
    Let me know what you end up doing on yours. I'm torn on what to do, as I'm pretty broke now after the EFI purchase, and not sure what to do. Thanks for your help Danny as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12