Thread: Sensor Problems

Default Sensor Problems

I added several sensors to my car (dome, drive pressure & coolant pressure). All of them read maxed out. I checked the signal wires and they all read +5V with 0 pressure. I checked the wiring and it doesn't appear to be the problem. I tapped into the TPS wiring for +5V & ground since it's DBW, and that plug is unused. I unhooked all of the sensors & tapped into fuel pressure wiring and same problem. If I add one of the sensors from the drop down it reads Hi Err. If I set it up as custom pressure it reads whatever pressure is set as the maximum at 4.5V. I have the sensor wired orange for +5V reference, black for ground, and pink for signal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by 434Chevelle; 10-10-2016 at 02:36 AM.

This may be caused by a defective sensor (since some share +5V reference and all share a common ground). The CTS & MAT are thermistors, they only share the Sensor Ground. Since the TPS, MAP, Fuel & Oil sensors share the same +5V & Ground, I'd disconnect each sensor one at a time (laptop "Online" with ECU), and see if one unplugged sensor rectifies the fault. If so, then that's the culprit. I'd try troubleshooting these sensors key-on/engine-off.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I tried that Danny. It does it with all three together, or any of the three alone.

Which sensors did you add (Holley 554-102)? How are they programmed in the Inputs/Outputs ICF?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

554-108 for the dome, and two 554-102 for coolant pressure & turbo drive pressure. I configured a +5V Input for each sensor signal wire, and Pin Mapped it. I'm doing something wrong. I just wish I could figure out what.
    UPDATE: I found the problem. I was using the "Input/Output Number" column in the Pin Map for wiring the signal wires, instead of the "Pin" numbers (wrong 5V wiring to the new sensors). Thanks for your help!

I'm glad you got it working. I knew you'd find the problem; that's why I asked the questions in post #4.

Thank you!