Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Injectors Not Firing

Default Injectors Not Firing

I'm running the Holley Dominator EFI on an LS based engine. The car was previously running, but I had to pull the engine to do some repairs. I put the engine in this morning, and hooked everything up as I did previously. I'm getting spark, but injectors are not firing.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll Down To "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9799#post79799 (Related Forum Thread - RPM Errors & System Logs)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I posted a few days ago about a no start condition. I'm running the LS1 kit on the Dominator ECU that was previously running. I pulled the engine to do repairs, and just finished putting it back in over the weekend. I have +12 volt power to the injectors, so I'm assuming they're not getting the ground pulse signal. I ran a System Log and saw that the crank & cam sensors are working. I've been on the phone with Holley Tech for two days now, and still can't figure it out. I emailed my System Log to them as well.

Is the battery fully charged? Have you performed a TPS Autoset? Does the Data Monitor display legitimate cranking RPM? Incorrect crank/cam sensor air gap? Improper Engine & Ignition Parameters?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

RPM seems to be accurate. Misunderstood the sensor question; the air gap is not adjustable on the LSx sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmt0705 View Post
    Misunderstood the sensor question; the air gap is not adjustable on the LSx sensors.
    I know it's not adjustable, but is the sensor air gap correct? On this forum, it's been an LSx problem a few times.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....1368#post71368 (Here's one LSx example.)

RPM seems to be accurate.
    Please answer the two other questions from post #4.

Battery is fine. Did the TPS Autoset. RPM seems legit, hovering in the low 100s when cranking. I had another known good sensor that I swapped it with the other day. This was a running/driving car for several months, before I pulled the engine. Driving me insane! LOL. I disabled the cam sensor so injectors would batch fire, nothing. Put direct power to the +12V triggered wire, nothing. Running out of ideas.

The car was previously running, but I had to pull the engine to do some repairs.
    Just out of curiosity, what engine repairs were performed?

I have +12 volt power to the injectors, so I'm assuming they're not getting the ground pulse signal.
    It would be helpful if you would verify this.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9623#post69623 (System Relay/Fuel Injector Troubleshooting)

I took my computer to a friend who runs it also; loaded his tune and it fired right up. It's the same program I ran for several months. Can a file become corrupted?

It's the same program I ran for several months.
    Evidently not, because it doesn't run. Something changed.

Can a file become corrupted?
    Not unless you updated something, or there was an electrical problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast