Thread: Pro-Jection 4DI

Default Pro-Jection 4DI

Hello all. This post isn't for me. I'm trying to help my father-in-law, and I knew this would be the place to get a good answer. He has a '64 Mustang with a Holley Pro-Jection 4DI (old school) installed. The car is not running very well, and when he jumps on the gas it dies out. He would like to hook it to the software (he has the old floppy disks), but does not have a computer which accepts floppies. I'm pretty sure that it's old enough that when he originally installed the software had to be compatible with DOS, Windows 3.1 or Windows 95. Of course, neither of us have the operating systems. Does anyone know if there is a work around for this? If anyone can give some advice, it would be much appreciated!

I don't know about getting the software to work on your computer, but you can download the software: https://www.holley.com/support/resources/

This seems to result in "disc images." I have not done so with other software in some time, but there are usually ways (Google it) to extract disc images into usable files without the need for discs. Sometimes this is simply a matter of copying files into one directory. And also you can buy USB connected floppy drives. I've picked up two or three at the thrift stores, as I still have some older software.

I did not look to see what the 4D requires. If it happens to be DOS, you can configure "FreeDOS" onto a USB stick; that is boot & run the computer natively off the USB in DOS. I recently did this for some old GE two-way radio programming (MLS-II). You will of course need something for a USB-To-Serial port adapter.
    Last edited by 440roadrunner; 09-25-2016 at 10:03 AM.