Thread: HP Loses Crank & Cam Signal

Default HP Loses Crank & Cam Signal

So I've had this HP for 4-5 weeks. It's been great and I didn't start the car for 4-5 days. I just started to wire in the boost solenoids & domes pressure sensor. I ran the 2 wires from the solenoids to the I/O harness. Haven't added power to the other side yet. Didn't pin them either. Wired in the dome sensor. Signal out to I/O harness and pulled off the +5V orange wire & sensor ground. Didn't Pin Map the Input yet either. A buddy came over and wanted to hear it run, and it won't start. No spark. No crank or cam signal. Checked the cam & crank plugs. There's power at both. And there's power coming from the crank sensor signal wire. ECU fried? And I just tried it on waste spark, still no spark or RPM. Also did a TPS Autoset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Merritt View Post
    A buddy came over and wanted to hear it run, and it won't start.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Holley wants me to send it in. They can't think of anything else to try.

Have you tried completely disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. This "resets" some unusual ECU issues.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

2 hours, I let it sit with nothing plugged in to it.

Are the fuses & system relay (LINK) OK? Keyed +12V red/white wire powered when cranking? Does the fuel pump prime for 5 seconds at key-on?

There's power at the red/white wire, and fuses are good. Pump relay comes on then off after 5 seconds. I don't have the fuel pump on that relay, but I can hear it click on, then off.

So got off the phone with Holley Tech. I guess they've never seen this issue. All sensors work, just no ignition side. It's BS that they can't be fixed. I made the switch from MegaSquirt, which can be repaired. Their only fix is to buy a new ECU at full retail. No discount. Nothing. Thanks.