Thread: Where's the Inductive Delay setting?

Default Where's the Inductive Delay setting?

Can't find the Inductive Delay setting. I know the ECU has to be Offline!

Quote Originally Posted by SEINSMELD View Post
    Can't find the Inductive Delay setting.
    Ignition Parameters, System ICF: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ing-Holley-EFI (Ignition Timing Synchronization) Here's a summary excerpt from it:

SUMMARY: The initial (idle) timing is synchronized by turning the distributor or adjusting the crank trigger, and locking it down. The timing at higher RPM is synchronized by adjusting the Inductive Delay in the EFI software. The first synchronization is physical, and the second synchronization is electronic (Inductive Delay). Believe the timing light above all else...it's always the real timing (if there's a discrepancy). When finished, the timing as viewed on the laptop, should match what you see with the timing light, at all RPM. Once the ignition timing is fully synchronized, the Timing Table can be tuned for each application.

Just to recap - Synchronizing the EFI timing (laptop) with the engine timing (timing light):
    NOTE: Temporarily disable the "Idle Spark" control (in Idle Settings).
    1)
    Turn the distributor or adjust the crank trigger to synchronize the initial (idle) timing, then lock it down.
    Next, ensure timing is synchronized at higher RPM using the EFI software.
    NOTE: Now use the EFI software "Enable Static Timing Set". I use a static timing value of 25° or 30°.
    2)
    Momentarily rev the engine, and watch the timing advance with your timing light. It shouldn't move.
    If timing advances or retards, adjust the "Inductive Delay" until the timing maintains itself.
    If the ignition timing retards, increase this value. If the timing advances, decrease this value.

I know the ECU has to be Offline!
    Not for the entire Inductive Delay adjustment procedure.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

It doesn't tell me where it is?

It's in the Ignition Parameters (System ICF). Click "Configure" for Custom Ignition Type applications.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm running a Ford HEI & coil, so it didn't show the adjustments. Having trouble syncing the timing!

I'm running a Ford HEI & coil, so it didn't show the adjustments.
    Which Ignition Type are you using? A predefined selection in the drop down menu, or "Custom"?

Having trouble syncing the timing!
    Stop what you're doing, and read step 2 of the LINK in post #2.

Default Ford HEI Without Vacuum Advance

I have an ignition Ford HEI without vacuum advance. Can I sync the timing with the computer? Can I control the timing with the computer? I synced it once, not sure if it was right. When it was so called synced, I would adjust the timing 2 or 3 degrees and the car would die. With manual adjustment, I could adjust it 10 degrees without problems. I had to do this because I tried to update the firmware on the EFI!
    Last edited by SEINSMELD; 08-27-2016 at 07:19 AM.

I have an ignition Ford HEI without vacuum advance. Can I sync the timing with the computer? Can I control the timing with the computer?
    If this is a centrifugal advance (mechanical) distributor, it can not be used for ECU controlled ignition timing.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6274#post56274 (Read beginning of this post for more information.)