Thread: ECU/Global File Help

Default ECU/Global File Help

I've gotten stuck, my car was running perfect. I'm changing to a Holley 2 bar MAP sensor, so needed to change it in laptop EFI software. I've updated the ECU & 3.5" TSLCD to match my V4 laptop software. Now the car won't start. I can't do a GCF file like when I first setup the car using the 3.5" TSLCD. Car is cranking, but not starting. Lost my GCF and want to set it back up with 3.5" TSLCD, but it's not working. Can you run the V4 software on the 3.5" TSLCD, without having the laptop plugged in? Holley Terminator 550-405, 43 psi fuel pressure, Holley 2 bar MAP sensor, CD ignition box timing (no timing with Holley). I'm stressing out now, please help!
    Last edited by micktempe; 08-26-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by micktempe View Post
    I'm changing to a Holley 2 bar MAP sensor, so needed to change it in laptop EFI software.
    Well, that's a problem. You can't use a naturally aspirated base calibration with a
    2 bar MAP sensor. It's the MAP sensor/base calibration compatibility that matters.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0606#post70606 (Additional Global File Setup Information)

Remember, the base calibration you start with, must correspond to the MAP sensor you're using:
    For example, you can't use a naturally aspirated base calibration for a forced induction engine.
    This is because the 2,3,5 bar MAP sensor selection only changes the kPa load Y-axis, but not the Base Fuel Table lb/hr
    values (creating an excessively lean map) or the Base Timing Table degree values (excessively advanced timing map).
    You must choose a 2,3,5 bar base calibration or reconfigure your existing Global Folder's Fuel & Timing Tables accordingly.

The "Turbo LSx 364ci 850HP 20PSI DBW 4L80E WM" and "383-434ci Turbocharged 30 psi Gas" are 3 bar base calibrations.
    The "302 Ford Turbo", "555 BBC Turbo" and "350-383ci Supercharged 14psi" are all 2 bar base calibrations.

I've updated the ECU & 3.5" TSLCD to match my V4 laptop software. Now the car won't start.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....3311#post73311 (Read This Post!)

After updating the EFI software or ECU firmware, I always enter every EFI software screen to verify everything is correct.
    It doesn't take very long, and I'm surprised at how many people find Global File discrepancies because they didn't do this.
    The Holley EFI software has a Global File Comparison Tool (C:Drive, Program Files, Holley, V4 EFI), but I choose not to use it:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10864rev1.pdf (V4 Software Overview - Section 10.2 "HEFI GCF Comparer", Page 22)

I can't do a GCF file like when I first setup the car using the 3.5" TSLCD. Car is cranking, but not starting.
    When updating to V4, the GCF Wizard files aren't located in the proper folder. When you update to V4, you shouldn't need
    the GCF Wizard anymore. V4 is for advanced users, and requires the laptop EFI software to access the advanced parameters.

Can you run the V4 software on the 3.5" TSLCD, without having the laptop plugged in?
    Yes. The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be V4 compatible (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Throwing this out there because it wasn't mentioned. You have to do a TPS Autoset after upgrading the firmware, or it will not start.

It's mentioned under the TPS channel (indicated as "Need Cal") in the EFI software and/or the touchscreen unit.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll Down To "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...__statuses.pdf (Holley EFI Sensor Statuses & Diagnostics)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for help guys, will let you know how I go been stuck
    at work. Very confident now with the info you've shared.

UPDATE: ALL WORKING NOW!! Thanks for your help guys!!