Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I configure fuel level on Digital Dash?

I'm working on dialing in my fuel level gauge. I input min & max on the Ohms and values, then you should be able to "linearize X" & "linearize Y" to fill in the rest. The fuel tank sensor in my tank is a 73 = 0 & 10 = 100, but it doesn't seem very accurate. This weekend I'm planning to drain the tank completely then add 1 gallon at a time and note the Ohms then manually fill in the value.

Mine displays around 100% all the time while driving and sometimes shows NaN (Not a Number), but when I check it with an Ohm meter I get good readings.

Are you using a chassis ground or the Holley dash ground? I've read it's best to connect the ground to the Holley. Could be the issue?

It's using a chassis ground. I'll try tying the tank ground into the Holley ground.

Where is the best place to add a ground for my fuel level sender (if I tap into the level sender ground wire wire back at the tank and run it forward)? Where do I connect it? At the Dominator ECU to the 7" Digital Dash?

I am by no means an expert here, but I believe it'd go to the sensor ground on the Dominator.

J3 B1 on the Dominator?

I used pin 14 on the I/O connector from 558-433 Adapter, and it's reading perfect now. The instructions only say ground next to certain pins and it doesn't say what the additional pins are used for, other than the description of what IO1-IO10 are used for. I'm assuming pins 2,6,14,15,16,17,18,19 are all suitable grounds for anything you'd want to hook up, i.e. a fuel level gauge.

I only have the 6.86" Pro Dash using it as a stand-alone so I only have one option. But looking at the instructions for what you have what you did should be fine. Especially if it's working now! Ha Ha.

Must have compound issues, Today I checked the Ohms when I was having an erroneous reading, and I got no reading on my multimeter. Went out after the car cooled down and checked it again and it seems right. I'm going to replace the wire going to the sending unit, ground the tank at the battery and run my ground lead from the I/O Adapter pin to the battery shouldn't have any issues then. I'll report back on what I find, just in case someone has a similar issue in the future.

Just to follow up on my issue, I had a ground to the chassis to the body of the fuel sender. Per the video that Danny suggested, I also ran a ground from the Digital Dash to the sender body, with the same result, slowly going to 0 after startup. So I checked with an Ohm meter and the signal was being distorted when the fuel pump was on. While the fuel pump was off the Ohms read good & clean. As soon as the fuel pump came on, the signal was bouncing radically. So I was going to remove the sender/pump and check it out. I unhooked the chassis ground and left only the Digital Dash ground connected, and then my fuel gauge worked like it should with the pump on or off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast