Thread: V4 3.5" Touchscreen Locked Datalog. SOLVED!

Default V4 3.5" Touchscreen Locked Datalog. SOLVED!

I've been running V4 for several months with a 3.5" TSLCD doing datalogging & monitoring. Everything is updated with current versions. No problems getting log files or monitoring. This past weekend I setup auto logging with RPM (set to 2500) and now the LCD is stuck. So stuck, it says I'm logging with the engine off. I finally got it to stop logging today (engine not running for three days) with my laptop, but the LCD still won't unfreeze itself when I go to Files & select Files from the screen to see if there still are logs. The screen says logging is stopped, but says there's 346 files on the ECU even though I deleted them with my laptop. Should I just update the firmware again on the LCD? Not sure what else to do.

Solution: Well a little was my fault. Yes, I take the blame. It seems I forgot I had data logging set to come on automatically and it filled the ECU with 336 logs! However, I still couldn't retrieve or delete them. So I disconnected the LCD, plugged in my laptop, downloaded the files, purged the files, plugged the LCD back in and it was still locked. Next step was to reload V4 to the LCD, connect to ECU, load files (takes a lot of time for 336), purge them AGAIN from the ECU, plug in the laptop to verify, and all is back to normal.
    Last edited by weendoggy; 08-13-2016 at 01:08 PM.

My screen will freeze at key-on sometimes, but I've been able to cycle the key 2 or 3 times and get it to unfreeze. It did that both before & after the latest firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
    My screen will freeze at key-on sometimes...
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....3624#post73624 (Related Forum Post)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

See post #1, solved.

I set my datalogger to come on with the push of a button I mounted under the dash.

I happened to be doing some tuning using the auto datalogging through the software. I just forgot to deactivate it when I was done. The next few times driving plugged up the ECU, etc. I usually use the LCD for datalogging because it's easy to toggle on/off on the screen. My bad. Basically wanted to let everyone know it's not an inherent problem with Holley.