Thread: 12-1800 Pump Current Draw

Default 12-1800 Pump Current Draw

Hi Guys. Just wanting to know if anyone on here has done current draw tests on a Holley 12-1800 fuel pump. The reason for my question and not just testing conventionally myself with a amp probe, is the project is still in the build stages and wanting to run a PDM (basically a SmartWire), and when initially setting up you need to determine a current figure suitable for the output you're controlling.
    For example, most of the units only have a 15-20 amp individual output. However, you can run two or more in parallel to achieve the desired result. What have guys measured on pump startup & running, with pressure demands around 60-65 psi? I will be running them individually controlled by the Dominator ECU, and aware of the tech notes and their requirements with conventional relay fuse protection. I'm thinking each pump unlikely to draw more than 30 amps each? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Tim.

According to the documentation (LINK), the maximum amp draw of one pump is 18 amps (60 psi & 13.5V), and the maximum amp draw of both pumps is 36 amps (60 psi & 13.5V).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny.