Thread: GM HEI Remote Coil Wiring

Default GM HEI Remote Coil Wiring

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some confirmation on how to wire up a GM HEI remote coil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28262590225_456a9b6146.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	1706

Name:	28158962122_f5f3bc0c8e.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1707

Based on the information pictured above, I have come up with the following.

Grey connector, Pink wire (top left of coil connector) - Goes to switched ignition. Hot in run/crank.
    Grey connector, White wire (top right of coil connector) - Goes to the loose yellow wire for tach input to ECU.
    Black connector, Pink wire + Pin (bottom left of coil connector) - Goes to the black wire on the two pin connector for the distributor.
    Black connector, White wire C Pin (bottom right of coil connector) - Goes to the yellow wire on the two pin connector for the distributor.

I'm confused about the two pin distributor connector that came with my HP kit. The instructions don't mention the black/yellow wires. I'm just going off diagram 10 on page 20.

http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 3, Page 13)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny for the link to the updated manual. If I'm looking at this correctly, the white wire "C" goes to the yellow on my connector. The pink wire "+" goes to the black on my connector. The loose yellow wire is not used in this application.

Name:	27649133954_5e57a595de.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	1708

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTrux View Post
    If I'm looking at this correctly, the white wire "C" goes to the yellow on my connector. The pink wire "+" goes to the black on my connector.
    The illustration in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual is very explicit, and has your exact same ignition coil. Disregard the wire colors, and follow the diagram.

The loose yellow wire is not used in this application.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4913#post44913 (Related Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

TerribleTrux, looks like your picture/diagram is correct.