Thread: E85 Settings

Question E85 Settings

Hello fellow Commanders. I'm new to this site and in the process of installing an older Commander 950 in my Pantera. It's has a modified 351 Cleveland, now a 408 with plenty of goodies. I have not hooked up to a PC yet (having trouble finding one that still works). Anyway, I would like to know if there any special parameters to set for running on E85. Will my O2 sensor readings be the same as gasoline? Any other suggestions will appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Pantera View Post
    Anyway, I would like to know if there any special parameters to set for running on E85.
    The Main Fuel Map is what will need to be tuned for E85 (more fuel).

Will my O2 sensor readings be the same as gasoline?
    Yes, the Commander 950 EFI only has a gasoline scale (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. Once I get the PC hooked up, I'll check the Engine Parameters setting. I'm sure it is set for gasoline. Then change the whole scale to E85 by *.65. I'm also a bit confused about the Ignition Reference. I'm running a magnetic pickup distributor, and not using the timing control from the ECU. Does this mean I still set my Ignition Reference to +10 of max timing?

Quote Originally Posted by 1971Pantera View Post
    Once I get the PC hooked up, I'll check the Engine Parameters setting. I'm sure it is set for gasoline.
    Of course it is, I stated there's no other setting. I suggest you read the C950 instruction manual.
    That link I posted in post #2 was just for information; it doesn't pertain to the C950 EFI system.

I'm also a bit confused about the Ignition Reference. I'm running a magnetic pickup distributor, and not using the timing control from the ECU. Does this mean I still set my Ignition Reference to +10 of max timing?
    No. Since this isn't an ECU controlled timing application, simply ignore all timing related parameters.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

OK thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted. One note to the fuel usage in the other blog. I did use almost 20 gallons of E85 tuning with my other ECU (Carabine), and never left the driveway. Ha ha, not worried about mileage I guess.