Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Engine stops at 6300 - acts like an RPM Rev Limiter.

1. Default

I'm using the Holley main harness with the supplied voltage from the Ignition connector pin "E" as shown to be wired by the Holley wiring diagrams. I will need to review the information you just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-NMRA Pure Street View Post
    I'm using the Holley main harness with the supplied voltage from the Ignition connector pin "E", as shown to be wired by the Holley wiring diagrams.
    I thought so. Don't do that, it may be the source of noise/interference.

I will need to review the information you just posted.
    Yes, read that LINK from post #30. It's an easy fix.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

3. Default

Noise from that wire would make sense. That's also the 16V Switched power supply to the MSD ignition box. (I'm running a 16 volt system.)
    Plus when I was doing my testing the last time, I was trying to narrow down where that noise was coming from, and with all cam wires disconnected at ignition plug so only the main harness wires were connected; the System Log still showed a 3+ voltage signal from somewhere in the main harness. Tomorrow I'll try to change that wire over and get another System Log posted. Thanks.

4. Default

New wiring change to pin B20. Here's the latest System Log. Does this one look better?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lafrumrf6v4z0ju/new.wiring.new.sensor.SL?dl=0

New wiring change to pin B20.
    And you're using the two "IPU Grounds" (clean ECU ground) at the 10-pin ignition connector, as opposed to the one "Chassis Ground" (loose black wire ground) to ground the crank & cam sensors, right?

Here's the latest System Log. Does this one look better?
    I would say yes. Doesn't it run good now?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

6. Default

Yes to the IPU Grounds. Both cam & crank Hall-Effect sensors.
    Seems to be running good, won't know completely until it's on the dyno.

Ran passed the 6300 RPM mark, that was not under load. Have not tried it under load yet.
    Seems to be running good, won't know completely until it's on the dyno.
    If you have an RPM Error problem under load, then something is flexing out of alignment. But I think it'll run fine.

8. Default

Thanks Danny & everyone for your help. Due to my workload, I won't be able to get back to the dyno too soon, but when I do, I'll post how it went. Trying to get this ready for the Chicago NMRA race at the end of July.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234