Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP ECU - No +5V Sensor Out

Appreciate everyone's suggestions & input. Here's an update and some info to help others should they have similar problems.

I'll keep it brief. I worked with Holley tech support to try and further isolate the issue of failing TPS Autoset. In addition, the other noticeable symptom was the coolant and manifold temperatures each reporting more than 300°F. Ended up sending the ECU to Holley, they tested and returned it. The car failed TPS Autoset again and the temps showed the same 300°F.

I purchased a 5V power supply from Amazon for about $10, see attached photo, and built up a sensor tester to determine if the TPS was at fault. I have two TPS sensors now and both measure the same.

The harness from the bulkhead connector to the TPS connector checkout using my DMM. Only thing left to do was to open up the throttle body by removing the fuel bowls. The attached photo shows what I discovered. The 5V wire to the MAP sensor was pinched during assembly at the factory and was shorting to ground.

Fixed the throttle body harness issue and passed TPS Autoset!

Started the car for the first time and it runs at high idle for a few seconds then begins to slowly lower the idle and begins to die. can get it to recover a little using the gas pedal, but the cycle repeats. I captured a datalog file, attached, and could use some help interpreting the results. Also attached the GCF.

One note, I realized this morning that the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator was unplugged during this startup. Connected the vacuum line this morning and the engine performed the same as with it disconnected. Here's the zip file with GCF & datalog: First Start Files.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power Supply - 5V.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	11833 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6799.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	11834
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Space Cowboy; 05-11-2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: update information

I'm in the process of modifying my Terminator X harness for my LSx swapped 1970 GTO. I found some alternate TPAs in the Delphi catalog for the 3 cavity Metri-Pack connectors that are commonly used for TPS, MAP, cam & crank sensors.

If you need help with tuning, feel free to email me: projectgattago at gmail dot com. Andrew
    Instagram: @projectgattago
    Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    I found some alternate TPAs in the Delphi catalog for the 3 cavity Metri-Pack connectors that are commonly used for TPS, MAP, cam & crank sensors.
    I personally don't like that, it takes up too much space in tight engine compartments. However, thanks for the information.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

It does add a little bulk, but for cam & crank sensors on a LSx these will protect the wires very nicely. An alternative solution is to use a heat shrink boot, but those can get pretty expensive. Andrew

I used this on my Terminator Stealth TPS & FPS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	11842

Those are nice. I've got some on order. Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12