Thread: A/C Shutdown Settings

Default A/C Shutdown Settings

Had a quick question. I have my A/C Shutdown enabled. Running a 12 volt output to a relay wire appropriately to shut off the compressor when I mash the throttle. But I was wondering what I need to put in the "Max TPS" & "Max Coolant Temp" fields? I'm assuming on the TPS it's percent at wide open throttle, like 100% maybe? But not sure on the coolant temp. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC shutdown.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1669

Quote Originally Posted by 1971camaroguy View Post
    But I was wondering what I need to put in the "Max TPS" & "Max Coolant Temp" fields? I'm assuming on the TPS it's percent at wide open throttle, like 100% maybe?
    Or a little less than 100% TPS.

But not sure on the coolant temp. Thanks in advance.
    Whatever engine temperature you feel is too high for A/C.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Awesome, thanks again!

Does this mean that the two options Max TPS & Max Coolant Temp are an "AND" type programming statement? To trigger the A/C shutdown (output #6), you need to meet the max TPS of lets say 75% and you need to meet a max coolant temperature of lets say 160°F? Versus "or" logic.

So for the Fuel Pumps Secondary section, are those "and" or "or" conditions or can you just use one of the "conditions" to trigger the fuel pump option?

Is there a section in the Help files that explains or gives examples as to how the specific Sniper dialogue box conditions or triggers work? The Super Sniper 1250 with boost is awesome, just trying to configure some details to make the system run on its own. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Physics View Post
    Does this mean that the two options Max TPS & Max Coolant Temp are an "AND" type programming statement?
    Either one of these two parameters (not combined) will activate the A/C Shutdown.

So for the Fuel Pumps Secondary section, are those "and" or "or" conditions or can you just use one of the "conditions" to trigger the fuel pump option?
    Again, either one of these parameters (not combined) will activate the Secondary Fuel Pumps.

Is there a section in the Help files that explains or gives examples as to how the specific Sniper dialogue box conditions or triggers work?
    The Super Sniper 1250 with boost is awesome, just trying to configure some details to make the system run on its own. Thank you!
    This is a Terminator EFI forum thread. See page 19: http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r11259.pdf (Holley Sniper EFI Help Manual - EFI Software, Tuning & Datalogging)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.