Thread: Adding WBO2 To Holley Commander 950

Default Adding WBO2 To Holley Commander 950

Folks, having a nightmare of a time locating the Bosch WBO2 sensor upgrade for my Commander 950 534-188. Holley is telling me it's discontinued. I figured that would be the easiest way to go, but so much for that. What other options do I have that people have used? I'd rather not use my Innovate Motorsports LM1 and mount that under the hood. Any Thoughts? Or better yet, recommendations? I found this one but they are in Australia: http://wbo2.com/faqs/holley950.htm or would the Innovate Motorsports LC2 (replaced the LC1) be the better way to go?

Thanks, Michael
    Last edited by mcalvo; 06-05-2016 at 11:37 AM.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/534-197 (Holley 534-197 WBO2 Sensor Kit - Bosch WBO2 Sensor)
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php
    (Innovate Motorsports LC-2)
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...mmander950.pdf (Holley C950 WBO2 Integration)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Danny, thanks for the links. I went ahead & purchased the unit. The second link talks about the programming involved, is there anything that covers how to wire it to the 950? I see there it's an LM1 doc, do you know if the units are close enough for that to work? Thanks, Michael

"In order for the Commander 950 PRO to use such a device for closed loop operation, a calibrated 0-5 volt output from
    the wide-band sensor controller must be connected to the purple WBO2 sensor signal wire on the Commander 950 PRO.
    The red power wire and black ground wire also contained in the WBO2 sensor 3 pin Weather-Pack connector can also
    be used to power and ground the wideband controller unit. This is desirable so that the wideband controller is only
    powered when the engine is running. If the wideband controller has a separate analog output ground, it is advisable
    to connect this to a very good vehicle chassis ground. See the wiring schematics to find the WBO2 sensor connector."

Quote Originally Posted by mcalvo View Post
    The second link talks about the programming involved, is there anything that covers how to wire it to the 950? I see there it's an LM1 doc, do you know if the units are close enough for that to work?
    Yes, read this LINK I wrote a long time ago. It explains everything. (Disregard LM-1 & LC-1 references.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires