Thread: TERMINATOR LS MPFI KIT 550-609 Injector Setup Questions

Default TERMINATOR LS MPFI KIT 550-609 Injector Setup Questions

I was trying to setup my Terminator ECU for my engine configuration using the Wizard function on the handheld. When I get to the injector group data, I'm stumped.
    I get choices for four groups, but according to my manual, my injectors fall into group 5 which isn't an option. I have the EV1, LS1 injectors. Any ideas?

I also need to add the Speedometer output, but I see no options for that on the handheld. I think I have to add it by plugging in a laptop to the ECU, and set it that way. Any ideas on that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1971camaroguy View Post
    I was trying to setup my Terminator ECU for my engine configuration using the Wizard function on the handheld. When I get to the injector group data, I'm stumped.
    I get choices for four groups, but according to my manual, my injectors fall into group 5 which isn't an option. I have the EV1, LS1 injectors. Any ideas?
    Some fuel injector programming requires access to Engine Parameters, only available with the EFI software (laptop).

I also need to add the Speedometer output, but I see no options for that on the handheld. I think I have to add it by plugging in a laptop to the ECU, and set it that way. Any ideas on that?
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10762rev1.pdf (Holley 550-609 Terminator LS MPFI Kit Instructions - Section 22.1.2 Speed Calc, Page 25 & 26)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0291#post30291 (Speedometer Information - Dominator ECU)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. Yeah, I ended up loading the EFI software on my laptop, and using the LS1 4L60E Global Folder to start, and configured it to my needs.

Hey 1971camaroguy, what software did you have to use for the setup? You have the same system I have, and I believe it's the same ECU as a Dominator 554-114 listed. I looked at the software and there are so many V4, V3 & V2; just not sure since I'm not at this stage yet. I have to get the engine & transmission into the car & all. Just would like to have the software read. I'm sure I'll get more use from using a laptop. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-Monte-LS3 View Post
    I looked at the software and there are so many V4, V3 & V2; just not sure since I'm not at this stage yet.
    First determine which ECU firmware you have, then download that version EFI software for your laptop. The Terminator, HP & Dominator EFI use the same V2, V3 or V4 EFI software.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (EFI Software & ECU Firmware Versions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.