Thread: Holley 12-131 Returnless EFI Fuel Pumps

Default Holley 12-131 Returnless EFI Fuel Pumps

Has anyone tried these yet? I've been anxiously awaiting these but the installation instructions leave me a little bit lost. The instructions say, "adjust the fuel pressure regulator to the desired setting." What fuel pressure regulator? Is there one built it? I would assume not, since it is never mentioned in the instructions. If not, what fuel pressure regulator is recommended? Should we just use a 12-846 and cap off the return? When these were originally introduced at SEMA I sort of assumed they would be internally regulated, but maybe not? Thanks!

Chris Myer
    http://www.HolleyInjection.Com
    800-880-0960
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Check our www.EFISystemPro.com website for live stock status on
    all Holley items, including the full line of Holley HyperSpark Distributors!

OK, I further studied the pump on the Holley.com website and it does confirm that that this pump:
    -Eliminates the need for a return line and conventional fuel pressure regulator. Thus, simplifying your installation
    -Includes an internal fuel pressure regulator preset at 60 psi for a wide variety of applications. No return line required!

However, I'm no less bewildered. The instructions say, "The gauge on the fuel pressure regulator should register between 55-60 for EFI."
    I have studied the images and I see no gauge anywhere, nor do I see anything that looks like a fuel pressure adjuster on the top of the unit.
    Chris
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

The Holley 12-131 In-Tank Retrofit Fuel Module (Returnless) includes an internal fuel pressure regulator preset at 60 psi for a wide variety of applications. The return port (off the fuel pressure regulator) just dumps into the fuel tank, so there's no fuel return line.

EDIT: You & I were typing at the same time. And I don't know about that fuel pressure gauge either.
    https://www.holley.com/brands/holley...t_fuel_module/ (Holley In-Tank Retrofit Fuel Modules)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny. So, it is not adjustable. Holley may want to tweak their instructions and take out the comments about adjustability & gauges then. Per 199R10934, "Now adjust the fuel pressure regulator to the desired setting."

Sounds like this will be a perfect pump for LS applications, and anything else that wants to run 60 PSI. Thanks again! Chris
    Chris Myer
    800-880-0960 x654
    chris@EFISystemPro.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmyer View Post
    Thanks Danny. So, it is not adjustable. Holley may want to tweak their instructions and take out the comments about adjustability & gauges then. Per 199R10934, "Now adjust the fuel pressure regulator to the desired setting."
    Yes, I contacted Holley about this. They said the instructions are wrong, and will be rewritten. There is a fuel pressure regulator inside the module head, but it's not adjustable. It's preset to 58-60 psi. There's no fuel pressure gauge.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires