Thread: Laptop not communicating with Avenger EFI.

Default Laptop not communicating with Avenger EFI.

Downloaded V2 software, connected USB cable, will not connect to Avenger ECU. Tried new USB cable, reinstalled software, no connection. I should be able to open a Global Folder from the ECU correct?

Are you clicking on "USB Link" (top Toolbar) to go "Online" with the ECU?

Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the status of ECU/laptop communications.
    This button can read any one of the following depending on communication status.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user hasn't chosen to select the “Online” mode, and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop & ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

Your Avenger ECU is an HP ECU, when a USB cable is connected. Download the Holley V2 EFI software to your laptop (LINK),
    open the software with USB cable (LINK) connected, click on "USB Link" to go "Online" with the ECU, and select "Get From ECU",
    (if there's still a Global Folder/File in it), or "Send To ECU" (if you're selecting a new base calibration to upload into the ECU).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'm also finding it impossible to link my Avenger to the laptop, and I would appreciate any help that you can give. I've downloaded V2 EFI software and the connected USB cable, but it will not connect to Avenger ECU. I have tried several new USB cables and I even bought the Holley USB but no connection.
    I'm using Windows 7. In the Device Manager, I can see - "Other Devices" Holley EFI (2011-06-09) with a yellow question mark in front of it.
    My ECU Serial number is S/N:1162092.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Barry

Did you click on "USB Link" (top Toolbar) to sync "Online" with the ECU?

Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the status of ECU/laptop communications.
    This button can read any one of the following depending on communication status.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user hasn't chosen to select the “Online” mode, and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop & ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Hi Danny, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have tried to click on the "USB Link", but it's grayed out and always says "Offline". Regards, Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, I have tried to click on the "USB Link", but it's grayed out and always says "Offline".
    That means it's not even recognizing the USB cable. This might be a laptop issue. Also, ensure the EFI software is run as an Administrator.