I bought a used 400 HP manifold with a rebuilt 800 cfm Holley 4780 carb a few months ago, to swap away from the dual quad setup on my Chevy 409. I like the idea of simplicity, and I figured this would help.
I recently got them bolted onto the engine and found that the carb has no choke. Not even a choke plate. I know next to nothing about carbs and didn’t notice when I bought it.

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to add a choke (electric maybe?) and, if so, exactly what parts I'll need to do that? (Can you tell by the picture?)

I do have a 650 cfm Edelbrock carb here, that has an electric choke. Would I be able to move that choke assembly onto the Holley to start with, and then buy the additional pieces to complete the job?
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb - pass side 001 lo.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	13912