Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to pull the trigger on an HP & Digital Dash.

Default Getting ready to pull the trigger on an HP & Digital Dash.

I'm currently running a MegaSquirt on my street hot rod, but I want to retrofit the Holley HP system on it. (I built & programmed the MegaSquirt, so I think I can work my way through the Holley.) It's a Ford 4.6L 4V with a custom 6-71 blower setup & multi-port EFI. The MegaSquirt uses GM sensors so I'm anticipating swapping them for the recommended Ford sensors. I'm planning on the Digital Dash to replace all my existing analog gauges (speedometer, tach, volts, oil press, coolant temp, fuel level), plus the Digital Dash will give me boost & fuel pressure that I don't have now.

So I was wondering if there was anything missing from my order list. What about the 554-140 GPS/USB speedometer module or just hard wire to VSS? I'm assuming I can get a speedometer out of all this. (What about odometer and trip functions though?) Cooling fan control? High beam/left/right directional indicators? (Another harness?) Any additional harnesses, modules, sensors I need? (TPS, crank & cam sensors are already there). Do I need two coolant temp sensors? (One for ECU and one for the Digital Dash.) Or does the Digital Dash just relay the coolant temp from the HP ECU? Thanks for any info. I've tried to review the install docs for both the HP & Digital Dash, but still a little confused.

Holley 550-617 - Holley HP EFI ECU and Harness Kits
    Holley 553-106 - Holley EFI Digital Dash Gauges
    Holley 554-102 - Holley Replacement Pressure Transducers (X2 - fuel and oil)
    Motorcraft F57Z12A697A - Motorcraft Air Temperature Sensors
    Standard Motor Products TX61 - Standard Motor Coolant Temperature Sending Units

So it looks like I have to get a separate MAP sensor for boost, because the MAP sensor that comes with the kit is 1 bar. Just about to crest $3K in my Summit Racing shopping cart. Holley EFI 554-107 3 bar MAP sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
    So it looks like I have to get a separate MAP sensor for boost, because the MAP sensor that comes with the kit is 1 bar.
    That's correct. 1 bar MAP sensors are only for naturally aspirated engines. (One MAP sensor, not two.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

I'm also currently going through the same issues about speedometer & odometer. I'm not certain about these. I have the turn signal situation kinda figured out, but not speedometer or more importantly odometer. State inspection where I live requires taking a photo of the odometer. I have a SBF with a TKO600 5 speed transmission.
    Last edited by Joeyman; 04-08-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman View Post
    I'm also currently going through the same issues about speedometer & odometer. I'm not certain about these.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0291#post30291 (Speedometer Information - Dominator ECU)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ith-Holley-EFI (VSS Sensor Information)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7805#post57805 (Odometer Information)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman View Post
    I have the turn signal situation kinda figured out...
    Have you got it figured out how to use the Digital Dash to show the indicators? I saw one of you other posts asking about it. Did you find out if the I/O Harness is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
    Have you got it figured out how to use the Digital Dash to show the indicators?
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instructions - Page 32)
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10954.pdf (Optional Digital Dash I/O Adapter Harness - Available Soon)

I saw one of you other posts asking about it. Did you find out if the I/O Harness is available?
    Not quite yet.

I was told by a source that's in the know, that it'll be available later this month (the I/O Harness you can plug into the Digital Dash).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Still a little fuzzy on the matter, after reading through most of that. I'll have to reread it all again when I have a little more time.

Well I was kind of hoping the Digital Dash would the end all, be all for dash functions including the eight gauges I would was going to upgrade to (speedometer, tach, oil press, water temp, volts, fuel gauge, fuel press & boost). The directional indicators were just a bonus, already have indicator lights. But the lack of odometer function has me thinking just keep the existing analog tach & speedometer, and use the Digital Dash for all the rest (plus some). Didn't really see anything on the accelerometer function either. I'm assuming I can program some cool G-force meters on the screen too?
    Last edited by Arrowhead; 04-13-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast