Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Terminator LS Issues

OK, both my handheld & ECU are updated to V3 and are able to talk to each other. So I guess everything on the ECU needs to be cleared off correct? And you do that by disconnecting the battery for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by 70CamaroRS View Post
    So I guess everything on the ECU needs to be cleared off correct?
    No, the new Global Folder upload (when it's successful) will overwrite whatever is in the ECU.
    You may have to use the laptop EFI software to load the GF this first time. Then it'll be "right" on the SD card.

And you do that by disconnecting the battery for a while?
    Disconnecting the battery doesn't erase the Global Folder.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

So for example, reload the 5.3L program from the laptop EFI Custom Calibrations to the ECU. Then try to do the startup Wizard on the handheld again, and hope that it will overwrite what I just loaded onto the ECU?

So for example, reload the 5.3L program from the laptop EFI Custom Calibrations to the ECU. Then try to do the startup Wizard on the handheld again, and hope that it will overwrite what I just loaded onto the ECU?
    No, once you load the Global Folder from the V3 laptop EFI software, it's in the ECU. (You can also send it to the SD card from the ECU.) You won't need to use the GCF Wizard.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

My point for getting the Wizard back on, was because I couldn't get any Global Folders to work. So I figured I would try to revert back to original, just use the Wizard, let the truck Learn a new tune, and then modify it on the laptop once it has had a good period of time to Learn. Is that not possible anymore?

Is that not possible anymore?
    I don't think so, because it seems you have a corrupt GCF Wizard file on your SD card.

Well that sucks. I re-downloaded the files from Holley's site in hopes it would work out.

If you contact Holley Tech Service (LINK), I'm sure they can send (email) the required GCF Wizard files for your SD card.

Alright, I'll have to do that Monday, since the office is closed now. I appreciate the help, I'm sure it gets frustrating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234