Thread: No MAP, MAT & CTS after software & firmware update.

Default No MAP, MAT & CTS after software & firmware update.

I was ready to fire off my LQ9 with my new ECU, but had software & firmware comparability issues. But thanks to the forum, I was able to update the latest V4 software & firmware and now were communicating.

I calibrated my TPS and was confirming that I have sensor input. My TPS show % when I push on the throttle, but I show 0 volts on the MAP, MAT & CTS. Thinking it was a ground issue, I started diagnosing the issue. Removing the P1B connector from the ECU, I probed the IPU ground, and the CTS & MAP input to measure Ohms the ECU connector. I'm showing 3.82K Ohms for the MAT & 4.05K Ohms for the coolant, which I think is normal, as it's almost the same probing an disconnected sensor. This confirmed circuit integrity of both common grounds and sensor input wires.

I also noted that the fuel pump did not cycle on, when I turned the key to the run position. Wanting to confirm that the circuit ground was good I applied 12 volts, with the ECU connector removed from the ECU, to terminal A2, and the fuel pump cycled on. Which confirmed I had good grounds and no issues from the ECU connector terminal A2 out.

12 volt switched at terminal A10 shows battery voltage when cycled, main power & ground are good, as there would be other major issues such as powering up. Kinda at my wits end, any thoughts on where to go now? Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No MAP, MAT & CTS after software & firmware update.
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be version compatible (LINK).
    Some laptops are full of background programs. Temporarily disabling antivirus software programs seems to be a common resolution.
    Ensure laptop allows full Permissions. Ensure the EFI software is set to run as an "Administrator" (right click for Properties/Advanced).
    Also, try completely disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. This "resets" some unusual ECU issues.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...752#post213752 (USB Link/Online Connectivity Issues)

EFI Software Problems:
    Often times, when EFI software related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted software download/installation.
    I suggest completely removing the Holley EFI software from the "Control Panel", "My Documents" (Holley folder) and the
    "C:Drive" (Program Files, Holley folder) and install a fresh EFI software download. Save your Global Folder somewhere.
    ECU Firmware Problems:
    Conversely, often times, when actual ECU related functions don't work properly, it's caused by a corrupted ECU firmware installation.
    As a last resort, you can try reflashing the ECU firmware version (LINK). The ECU firmware is in with the software download (LINK).
    Also, try completely disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. This "resets" some unusual ECU issues.
    When doing something as important as an ECU firmware update, my laptop is fully charged, and my vehicle battery trickle charger is on (LINK).
    Remember, you can not lose battery power or laptop communication during an ECU firmware update. If so, the ECU will have to be sent to
    Holley, to be reflashed at their end. ECU firmware updates must be performed very seriously, and with a properly functioning laptop computer.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)

After updating the EFI software or ECU firmware, I always enter every EFI software screen to verify everything is still correct.
    It doesn't take long. Many people find Global File discrepancies (especially in Engine & Ignition Parameters) because they didn't look.
    The Holley EFI software has a Global File Comparison Tool (C:Drive, Program Files, Holley, V5 EFI), but I choose not to use it:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10864rev1.pdf (EFI Software Overview - Section 10.2 "HEFI GCF Comparer", Page 22)

I suggest putting a trickle charger on the battery (or regular charger set on low) and plug in the laptop charger cord. If the firmware update
    still doesn't take, then contact Holley Tech Service (LINK). You can still restart the ECU firmware update during the "Sending BAM Binary" phase.
    When you get to the "Flashing Firmware" phase, it must complete it. If not, the ECU must be sent to Holley to be reflashed at their facility.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)

Successfully install the new V5 EFI software (laptop), before installing the V5 ECU firmware.
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.
    The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be V5 compatible (LINK).

http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    The instructions (PDF file) & ECU firmware (.eep file, Firmware folder/Documents) are included in the
    V5 EFI software download. Go to your "Documents", "Holley" folder, "HEFI V5" folder, "Firmware" folder.
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global Folder/File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny! I removed & reinstalled, and that worked.

You're welcome, and thanks for the update.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.