Thread: Software/Firmware Conflict - First Startup

Default Software/Firmware Conflict - First Startup

Evening everybody. Getting ready to start my LQ9. Updated to V4, set the parameters for the Global File, went to sync the TPS, and I'm receiving a software/firmware conflict error messages. Do I need to be connected to the web the first time I upload the Global File to the ECU? Anyhow, the system is not letting me proceed. Any thoughts what to do? Thanks, DAVE

This may be as simple as you haven't yet saved the Global Folder as a V4 file.
    When you open a V2/V3 file, it's still a V2/V3 file until you save it in V4.

You can verify that you did update to V4 firmware, by clicking on the little triangle next to the circle icon, and telling it to get ECU info.
    It will pull up a window that will tell you things like the ECU serial number and the Firmware version.

Also, it's not just a software update. You also need to perform a Firmware update to the ECU itself.
    In the same section as I just described, there is an option to "Upgrade Firmware".

You can then select the version 4 ECU firmware (it should be HEFI_04000540.EEP).
    The process will take some time, it has 2 parts to it.
    The first part pushes the firmware to the ECU, the second part writes it.
    Make sure you have a charger connected to the battery, and make sure you have the laptop plugged in.
    Also, disable any screen savers and move the mouse occasionally to keep your laptop from going to sleep or shutting off.

It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you do not lose power to the ECU or to your computer, while doing the Firmware Update.
    Last edited by S2H; 03-10-2016 at 11:34 PM.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    You can then select the version 4 ECU firmware (it should be HEFI_04000540.EEP).
    There's actually even newer V4 software/firmware available (LINK).
    EFI Software: Version 4.0 Build: 30
    ECU Firmware: HEFI_04000640.EEP
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr..._revisions.pdf (V4 Software/Firmware Revision Log)

It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you do not lose power to the ECU or to your computer, while doing the Firmware Update.
    Yes, absolutely! If this happens, you'll need to send the ECU into Holley to be reflashed at their end. Be careful. When doing something as important as an ECU firmware update, my laptop is fully charged, and my vehicle battery trickle charger is on (LINK). ECU firmware updates must be performed very seriously, and with a properly functioning laptop computer.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Plugged in laptop today and message says, "Required to update to Build 31, currently using Build 30. Having a difficult time finding Build 31. I already went to Holley.com, Technical Resources, V4 Software & Firmware. It then downloaded techlibrary_hefi_v4.0.110_setup and techlibrary_holleyefiv4previousversions.

What am I to do with this? Now that this is on my laptop, am I to connect to ECU and the appropriate software will be available? techlibrary_hefi_v4.0.110_setup appears to be the initial install feature. Not sure what techlibrary_holleyefiv4previousversions is for or how to use it. Still no sight of Build 30 or Build 31 Software lingo.

Just install the latest V4 EFI software & ECU firmware.
    The instructions (PDF file) & ECU firmware (.eep file, Firmware folder/Documents) are included in the
    V4 EFI software download. Go to your "Documents", "Holley" folder, "HEFI V4" folder, "Firmware" folder.
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global File is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2193#post72193 (EFI Software/ECU Firmware Problems)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks! I was able to find all the software & firmware on old computer before upgrading to newer unit. All is well! Thanks again!
    Last edited by Stangfun; 02-20-2018 at 11:01 AM.

You're welcome.

Okay, I just upgraded firmware into my HP unit and did save old file. How do I change it from a V3 file to V4 file?

Just open it in V4 and it will automatically upgrade. Just be sure to look everything over thoroughly before sending it to the ECU.