Thread: Huge Vacuum Leak

Default Huge Vacuum Leak

I installed a 142 on a SBC and have a huge vacuum leak on the side of the blower, where the blower housing meets the intake manifold.

I removed the blower and can see that both the blower end housings and out past the center housing about .020". The gasket will not seal the center portion of the blower because the end housings and stopping the center from pushing onto the gasket. Has anyone run into this before?

I'm thinking that if I loosen each end housing, and use a straight edge to line up each end housing with the center housing, that it will remedy my problem. Then I run into another question about the clearance of the rotors in the case. Obviously if I move the end housings, it will also move the rotors with it since they support the rotors. Any help or input would be appreciated.
    Ranger

Contact Weiand Tech Service (LINK) before tampering with the blower.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you for responding Danny. Your response is from what I have seen on this forum, a very typical response. I realize that no one wants to be responsible for giving advice that could cause damage to the product or someone's engine.
    When you call Holley the normal minimum hold time is about 20 minutes and sometimes longer. If you opt to leave your number for them to call you back, then you will be lucky if you get a call back within 24 hours. I still have two unanswered emails to them that are 3 days old. No, they are not going to junk either.
    When you do finally get a tech support rep on the line, the typical response from them is to send the part in and wait for a replacement.
    The last three products I have purchased from Holley have been returned for replacements. The quality of Holley has gone way down in my 30+ years of performance building.

I run a business that has customers who want their cars delivered in a decent time frame. When I have to waste 7-10 days waiting on a defective part to get replaced, then I have unhappy customers. I have gotten to the point to where I do not want to associate the Holley Brand with any of my jobs.

Customers don't blame the part, they blame the shop and after all, it is our decision what parts are used on each application.

To wrap this thread up, I put the blower on my mill and took a .012 pass off the surface that mounts to the manifold and fixed my issue. I will say that this will be the last issue I ever have with and products sold by Holley. There just too many other manufacturers out there who actually care what quality of product they sell.