Thread: RM-8001 Dyno Bellhousing

Default RM-8001 Dyno Bellhousing

Is there any info available regarding the RM-8001 Dyno Bellhousing?

1) What engine bolt patterns are on the engine side flange?

2) What is the rear plate made of and how thick is it?

3) Are the bolt patterns on the engine flange centered so the crank centerline is always the same at the rear plate?

4) My dyno bolts the water brake directly to the back of the bellhousing. (Land & Sea Dyno) Is this bellhousing up to the task?

5) Or can I have a bellhousing made with the multi-pattern engine flange and the common GM trans. rear plate?

Thanks for you time. Jeff

Contact Lakewood/QuickTime. Their phone number is in the instructions LINK.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

We purchased one of these from Lakewood, and I'm sure we would sell it if you are interested. It wasn't what we needed. It is supposed to work with LS, SBC, SBF, Hemi and I'm sure others. The problem is the rear plate. It is not a standard dyno flange that we're used to using. The flange is that of a Powerglide/Reid transmission.

I guess you could make a rear flange to mount to your water brake. My email back from Lakewood Tech was less than helpful, even after we had the part in hand.

-Greg