Thread: EFI Newbie from California

Default EFI Newbie from California

Hi all.

I'm just diving into my first EFI setup, and I selected the Dominator for the build. It looks like it'll provide everything I want in one place and seems to be very user friendly.

I'm building a new motor for my pro-street 69 Camaro, starting with a new 540 short block, dart pro-1's and a Hampton 871 blower. I have a Kinsler 16-injector top plate and two Accufab 4500 throttle-bodies to go along with the Dominator. Not a conventional blown and injected big-block setup, but that's what I was going for. I looked at the various Enderle (and other) injector hat/plate combos and saw too many people having to compromise performance and street manners with them. These big Accufab throttle-bodies have conventional primary & secondary venturi, TPS and IAC add-ons and flow huge amounts of air - I think they'll do a good job for what I'm building. I'm planning to run the injectors in two 8-injector stages and I think it'll really provide good performance.

I have an MSD Digital-6 box from my prior build I'll run with the Dominator, though I do want to jump over to a DIS/CNP down the road. I'm trying to figure out the most practical way to hang a 58X trigger wheel on my 6-bolt blower crank hub. There doesn't seem to be an off-the-shelf 60-2 trigger setup for BBC blower builds. I've seen some folks online do some creative fabrication to close the gap and I may have to do the same thing.

I'm hoping to make noise sometime over the next couple of months. We're still sorting out the new cam grind and new converter, but I should be pretty far along with the motor build over this next month. I'm pretty excited about the new setup - it should make a lot of horsepower, and maybe get me down in the 9-teens (or faster) on the track. Best times prior with my earlier BBC 427, 671 blower, two 750 4 barrels was 9.75 @ 140 mph. The little motor did ok, given how porky the Camaro is (3600 lbs). I'm hoping to really drop that ET, and raise my MPH with this new setup.

Harry
    Last edited by wikd69; 01-30-2016 at 10:13 PM.