Thread: Setting up secondary injectors?

Default Setting up secondary injectors?

Hi. I'm running a 4 cylinder turbo with the Holley HP.

How do I setup the secondary injectors? And what tables do I use to activate them?

Some where in the boost controller? Or the Base Fuel Table? Thanks.

It's in the main system settings, same page as you selected your primary injectors and the cylinders & engine size.

In the injector section, there's a box for number of injector sets, change it from "1" to "2". The 2nd set is added by duty cycle.

Calculate it as if it was one giant injector. Example:
    If you have a 60 lb/hr & a 120 lb/hr, treat it as one giant 180 lb/hr injector. 1st set is done at 33%, so turn on the 2nd set just before that.

If you want to turn them on by boost, you will have to setup a custom output and power the injectors by a relay activated by that output.
    And then you can just set the 2nd set to turn on at a low duty cycle, so it will be ready to go when you add power to the relay based on boost.
    But it gets very messy to tune, and make it run well when you do it that way. Better to stick to the duty cycle method.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Here's some good info on adding an injector set:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9403#post49403 (Adding An Injector Set)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks guys. Right now on the manifold, the secondary injectors are setup as a single burst (all 4 firing at the same time), that's why is was wondering. I will do more research on that, and if I have more questions I'll post. Thanks again.

Doug Flynn (Chief EFI Engineer @ Holley) is almost finished with a comprehensive injector set instruction manual.
    I'm told it answers all these questions, and will be posted on the Holley Tech Resource Library (LINK) in a few weeks.

UPDATE: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...tions_rev3.pdf (Holley EFI 16 Fuel Injector Setup - 8 Cylinder Engines)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Sweet, thank you.