Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injector End Angle Auto-Phasing Table

When we calculate the IEA using the method S2H demonstrated above, our additional cell-dependent offset is the difference between the calculation and the specific target IEA for that cell correct?

For example, say I'm targeting a -180° IEA and after calculating via the table, I have a -73.9° table offset and a -4.0° IEA in the idle cell. To achieve my -180° IEA at idle, I would simply work an equation that looks something like -(4.0)-(73.9)-(X)=-180°, with X being the cell-specific offset? I'm asking because I feel this would somewhat undo the math that has already taken place to achieve the offset & IEAs. Or is it as simple as making the cell -184°? Which makes more sense to me as that's an additional -180° IEA from what we calculated earlier as being a perfect 0° IEA.

In hindsight, and after reading back on this post from 0200 in the morning, I think I answered my own question. Also, I read another thread that had a lot of input from Danny & S2H which added quite a bit of understanding, at least for me, on the topic of IEA.
    Last edited by rlacasse1; 01-09-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Hi Danny or S2H. Does the Holley V5 EFI software work any better with IEA auto calculations, than the V4 versions? Or do we still have to manually adjust them?
    Very good Information from both of you. Thanks, Max.

Quote Originally Posted by pvt-maximus View Post
    Does the Holley V5 EFI software work any better with IEA auto calculations, than the V4 versions?
    No. This is the only change to the Injector End Angle screen:
    "Injector Auto-Phasing Table
    The Auto-Phasing portion was updated so the user can either put in the individual valve events, or type in any duration values and the lobe separation angle."

http://documents.holley.com//techlib...teoverview.pdf (Holley EFI V5 Software Overview)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks, Danny. I read up on it.

This makes sense, but if you had a Injector End Angle at 520°, does that mean it's on the exhaust stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    You almost never need positive values for Injector End Angle. (Unless you have a monster sized cam, then it can be useful. And by monster, I mean 280°+ duration at .050" lift.)
    Question: Do you have experience with 284°/294° @ .050" cams, methanol & IEA? I'm not too concerned about idling & part throttle, I just want to fit a 9.5ms IPW at 7200 RPM during an open intake. If I calculate PW & overlap, the net time for injection is about 0.6ms greater than IPW if I use .050" cam numbers (about 219° cam rotation). Should I just use IPW and work backwards to calculate IEA, assuming I can inject until +70° (70° after BDC) and repeat for each RPM level until I get below 2-Step RPM? Does it matter much injecting during overlap? Or, do I just uncheck the IEA box and let her eat?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123