Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knightrider
    • Dec 2015

Ended up cancelling my Terminator X Max kit after 5 or 6 dates pushed back since July from Summit Racing. Each and every time you'd be waiting for the date, it just moves further out every time. As the date neared, it was over it at six missed dates. No explanation as to why or even this is the final time. The last date was for the end of September with no guarantee, so it's cancelled. Funny though, cause the help line says that the kits aren’t for international customers from that store, but no help to get one. Anyway, I'm now trying to find something you can buy all the bits individually, but cost nearly double the price. Cheers. Probably the worst online purchase I've tried to make so far.

Comment

• knightrider
      • Dec 2015

So gone full circle being that I couldn't seem to get the Terminator X kit I wanted. I've done a crazy thing and got a 0411 LS1 ECU and I'm going to have a go at making that work on my Ford Cleveland. Shouldn't be that hard, I've got a 24x reluctor wheel which I can fit to the balancer.

CNP setup is interesting and something I didn't know that's for Ford if you make #5 cylinder #1 all the cylinder firing is the same as an LSx. You lot probably knew that, but makes it easier for me just set it up as number 5 is number 1. No moving the the harness around, that's the plan for now anyway just something to try
      Will be using a MSD cam sync hoping that works and just using a standard LSx crank trigger sensor. Hopefully I can still ask questions in here if needed. Cheers.

Comment

• knightrider
        • Dec 2015

Anyone with a dead Dual Sync distributor that's thinking of changing to CNP and using a crank trigger: You can modify your old Dual Sync distributor to take a cam sync sensor. I used an LS3 sensor because I'll be using an LS harness and also liked the 90° plug, but the Holley sensor would probably be easier to fit.

The Dual Sync distributor has two reluctor wheels, the inner is a halve moon 50/50 1x, so it suits me. Just cut off the outer reluctor and grind it back, wasn't hard at all. And without even setting the clearance, I ended up with .034" to the reluctor. Cheers.

The setup now with the LS ECU will probably only be temporary as I'm going to miss Holley's EFI software. So when things settle down a bit and stocks come up gain, I'll probably change it out all again. It's not tested yet, so I'll update either way. Cheers.

Comment

• knightrider
          • Dec 2015

For anyone interested, my Cleveland is running on the LSx ECU. It was a lot of mucking around, but it's running. I'm missing the Holley EFI software. It's only just started up no tuning done. I can't change or set anything. I'll probably change over again, but at least I can just go with a LS 24x kit now. Cheers
          https://youtu.be/eEKcm_Sexbw

Comment

• Gaz64
            • Jan 2010

I'd look into drilling some holes behind the cam sensor vane to rebalance the shaft, since the outer crank sensor vanes had balancing slots to counteract the cam sensor vane. Gary
            Regards, Gary

Comment

• knightrider
              • Dec 2015

Good idea. I did that with the 24x reluctor, as it has large holes in one side for balancing the LSx crank. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X