Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: New Member. Some questions please.

1. Default

Thanks again for the info it really helps. I was looking at the MSD 6421 6AL-2 simply because it's a little more compact. And I'll put the 8253 HVC-2 coil on the list, will be ordering it this weekend. Cheers, Jason

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

3. Default

So I have my new Holley Dual Sync distributor and also the MSD 6AL-2. It's all up & running and have it showing on the laptop in real time showing the timing graph and it advances as you bring the revs up on the laptop, but the timing on the engine doesn't move. I'm sure this has be asked a lot, but is there somewhere I can confirm the wiring with a Terminator using Dual Sync & MSD 6AL-2? Cheers.

The Holley Dual Sync Distributor is plug & play into the Terminator/HP/Dominator EFI main harness.
    The loose white Points Output wire (from the EFI main harness) triggers the MSD CD ignition box.
    https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro...gnition-wiring (Scroll down for Terminator EFI & Holley Dual Sync Distributor Wiring.)

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    FYI: Holley EFI now sells their own Dual Sync Hall-Effect distributors (LINK).
    They're a small cap design, "plug & play" with Holley EFI, and no need for a modified Firing Order.
    The crank & cam sensor signals also provide sequential injection capability (MPFI applications).
    It's "plug & play" (into the 10-pin ignition connector on the EFI Main Harness) and requires a CD
    ignition box (Instructions). The MSD 6201 Digital 6A CDI box & 8253 HVC-2 coil are a great match.
    The MSD CD ignition box is wired as shown in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Figure 11, Page 20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7r-DauCak (Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor - YouTube Tech Video)
    A blank cap (LINK) is available, if the user decides to convert to Coil-Near-Plug/DIS later (no CDI box).
    Of course, this component can also be used as a crank and/or cam sync/oil pump drive unit.

The Custom Ignition Parameters (in System Parameters) for the Holley EFI Dual Sync Distributor:
    Ignition Type ............. ― "Custom"
    Crank Sensor Type ..... ― "1 Pulse/Fire"
    Sensor Type .............. ― "Digital Falling"
    Inductive Delay .......... ― "100.0 usec" ( Synchronization info, adjusted per application.)
    Ignition Reference Angle ― "50°" ( Inherent rotor-phasing of this unit.)
    Cam Sensor Type ........ ― "Single Pulse" ( "Not Used" for TBI, unless CNP ignition.)
    Sensor Type .............. ― "Digital Falling"
    Output Setup Type ..... ― "Points Output" ( CDI box ground trigger.)
    Dwell Time ................. ― "2.0 msec" ( Do not set this to 1.5 msec!)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

5. Default

Thanks heaps Danny. The white wire is the key. I think I'm using the wrong tach or signal wire. Thanks again.

Just looking at it, I don't have the loose white wire for Points Output, so I'll need to pin the A6 of the P1A plug, but don't have any terminals to suit. Is there a size or number I should use to pin the P1A plug? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Just looking at it, I don't have the loose white wire for Points Output, so I'll need to pin the A6 of the P1A plug, but don't have any terminals to suit. Is there a size or number I should use to pin the P1A plug? Cheers.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ts-Output-Wire (Terminator EFI "Points Output" Wire Information - Read This!)

7. Default

Thank you, that's a good idea! Cheers.

You're welcome.

9. Default

It's all up & going and running great, probably better than it ever has. I had someone help adjust the timing map while I was driving, which worked out good as we needed to pull timing out in certain areas to stop it from pinging. Couple of questions or queries. It seems to kickback when starting from dead cold start which it's never done before. Cranking Timing is 15°, which is lower than the idle timing. Also seems to have low timing values when decelerating, likes as low as 10° when my idle timing is set to 18°. Not sure if I have the Idle Spark control on, could that be what's going on? Cheers, and best thing I've done so far to my combo.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    It seems to kickback when starting from dead cold start which it's never done before. Cranking Timing is 15°, which is lower than the idle timing.
    View the Cranking Timing with a timing light to ensure it's a consistent 15° while cranking.
    If you're working alone, use a remote starter switch (LINK) to jump the starter and crank the engine (key-on).

Also seems to have low timing values when decelerating, likes as low as 10° when my idle timing is set to 18°. Not sure if I have the Idle Spark control on, could that be what's going on?
    Yes, that's the Idle Spark control.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast