Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: New Member. Some questions please.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Hi. I'm looking to go CNP shortly. I was sold on the Dual Sync Distributor, but not sure if the MSD Cam Sync would be better. I guess I'd need to run a crank angle sensor with it as well?
    Yes, a cam sync unit (cam sync/oil pump drive plug) will require a crank trigger kit.

And what other wiring harness would I need for the Cleveland firing order and using LS2 coils?
    Firing Order doesn't matter, that's programmed in Ignition Parameters.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    If you already have or you're purchasing a new Holley EFI non-LSx main harness:
    The Holley 558-307 CNP main harness is for Holley's Coil-On-Plug smart coils and LSx ignition coils.
    If using Holley's 556-112 CNP coils, the Holley 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness is also required (or the Holley 556-128 CNP V8 Kit).
    For LSx coils, Holley 558-307 CNP main harness plugs into two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses or Holley 558-321 LSx coil sub-harnesses.
    IF you had a Holley EFI LSx main harness, you wouldn't need the Holley 558-307 CNP main harness or the 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness.
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni...nd_components/ (Holley EFI Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Components)
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni.../parts/556-128 (Holley EFI 556-128 Coil-Near-Plug Big Wire V8 Kit)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-117 (Holley EFI 558-117 Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-118 (Holley EFI 558-118 Ford Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...3038#post33038 (Detailed Crank Trigger & CNP/DIS Conversion Information & Reasoning)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

2. Default

Thanks Danny, good info as usual. Cheers.

You're welcome. IF you're purchasing a new main harness, consider this: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-118 (Holley EFI 558-118 Ford Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

4. Default

Thanks Danny, it's all a little confusing with what's needed to make it work. I'm sort of starting to think to just going back to the Dual Sync distributor with the LS2 coils. I already have some coils with sub-harness coming, so what other wiring harness would make it easy to fit? Is that 558-307 universal coil harness all I need with the Dual Sync and the coils I have coming? Is there a better way, more plug & play? Can I just use that 558-118 Ford Universal MPFI harness with the Terminator? Looking at that 558-307 universal coil harness, it needs to be pinned into the ECU J1 plug right? Cheers. Sorry to go over the same stuff all the time, just trying to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Sorry to go over the same stuff all the time, just trying to work it out.
    At this point, please contact Holley Tech Service (LINK), EFISystemPro (LINK), or another Holley EFI dealer such as EFIExpert/FastManEFI (LINK). I'm getting confused remembering all your specific application details, and if you're using your Terminator EFI as an HP EFI system. (It's difficult to keep reviewing four pages of this long forum thread.)

6. Default

Thanks Danny. I did try to figure out what harness I needed to suit my Terminator on my Cleveland engine, converting over to LS2 coils and using the Dual Sync distributor, but couldn't really see the most straight forward way to do it. So if I've confused you sorry, I'll message someone in your link to see what's needed. Cheers.

I thought you were one of the Terminator users converting to MPFI. Are you retaining the Terminator TBI throttle body? If so, the Holley EFI 558-118 Ford Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness won't work for you (because the Terminator EFI has a different main harness). Instead, see post #121 above. Thinking you were converting to MPFI & CNP was my confusion.

8. Default

Not looking to go MPFI at this stage. Only trying to use LS2 coils with my Terminator I have now. Just not sure of the easiest way to do so. Cheers, and thanks again.

See post #121 above. The Terminator EFI uses an HP ECU, but a different main harness because of the TBI throttle body. So for GM LSx coils, Holley 558-307 CNP main harness plugs into two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses or Holley 558-321 LSx coil sub-harnesses.

10. Default

Thanks Danny. I did get that the first time, I think I got confused too with that other Ford MPFI harness. I starting thinking there was a harness I could replace my main harness with to make it easier. So just to be clear that universal 558-307 harness needs to be pinned into my main harness I have now? Cheers

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast