Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: New Member. Some questions please.

Danny had already sent me this PDF link, page 18, which does show hooking up a magnetic pickup with CDI box, which the HEI is (all that's being used) with the module & coil removed.

Just really need to make use I'm hooking the pickup to the correct pin location, Pin A30 crank input & A14 IPU ground. Not sure how to tell which is which on the pickup other than the coloured wires. Cheers Jason
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...10555rev17.pdf

Can someone give me a little help with a new problem, after having a issue with a alternator shorting out internally, replaced the alternator all was good and charging again. Turned it off to finish off a couple of things and went to start it up again, won't start. First thing I noticed was CTS & IAT reading 304°F. And fans running, wasn't hot.

After checking voltage at all the 5V sensors, it only has .2V. I've checked pretty much everything, disconnected all the sensors, checked continuity in the wiring for the 5V side from the ECU - pin A26 I think Orange wire.

I even tried sending 5V to the sensors wiring via my TCM TPS and all that did was pull down the TCM TPS to .2V as well.

Had thoughts of installing a new tune, but didn't think that would be the problem? To me it seems an ECU problem.

Was meant to be going on a cruise today for a mate who passed away, but such is life, I can always take my Jeep. Cheers, Jason

I've read this, not sure what the fix was. https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ng-two-grounds
    Last edited by knightrider; 04-17-2021 at 12:01 PM.

So looked into this a little more. I read voltage directly at the ECU with both main plugs removed, still only seeing .2V at the 5V reference. Also removed the whole wiring harness & ECU and bench tested it, not that it would be any different, but just a test.

So now unless there's something I'm missing the ECU is the problem and seems to be unserviceable by looking at it.

A new ECU over here is over 2K so won't be doing that anytime soon, unless Holley offers anything help wise. Any ideas? Cheers.

Edit sorry forgot to mention that also did a firmware reset with no change
    Last edited by knightrider; 04-23-2021 at 06:04 PM.

What I've done on a few Honda and Ford ECUs with the same problem is cut the 5 Volt wire from the ECU then install a 5 Volt supply from another source. I made a 5 Volt regulator for under $10.00 for Holley ECUs. Get the power to turn on the regulator from the pink wire so you have power while in crank and run the regulator with power up all the sensors. As long as the ECU gets the reference voltage from the sensors, it should work. ECU doesn't care about the 5 Volt supply. I used a 3 amp regulating transistor and the output is dead on 5V. This can save you from buying a expensive ECU. Hope this helps. Joey.S

Thanks, good idea. I have a mate who's been suggesting that, but concerned about the 2-wire sensors. I'd need to look into this more. Cheers.

The ECU doesn't care where the 5V is coming from, just disconnect the 5V output from the ECU. Good luck. Joey.S

Thanks I can easily get 5V from my separate TCM, which I did try, but hadn't removed it from the ECU, which I'll now need to try. Just not sure where the 2-wire sensors get there earth from or if that isn't a issue anyway. Cheers and thanks.

I'm changing from my Holley Terminator TBI to Stack EFI, which I just purchased. It's something I've been thinking about doing for a long while and with my HP ECU having issues thought it was a good time to do it.

So if I could get some help with what harnesses I need to go MPFI would be great. What I have so far is I think I need main harness HP 558-104. Injector harness not sure if I need just a universal harness or a Ford evenly spaced EV1 harness 558-213. Injectors I'm not sure on either - high or low resistance which would suit me best. Street car, but sees the drags N/A power probably max 500 HP, but don't want to go to small either.

Ignition setup unsure, but would like to keep it simple, have MSD 6AL-2 box with a MSD Blaster HCV-2 coil already, been thinking of using a 460 BBF TFI distributor if it can run sequential MPFI and have timing control.
    The reason for the TFI distributor is that I'd rather not have a separator cam/crank angle sensors if possible and I've had a Dual Sync distributor already, although that would probably be a better setup, but if things fail which they do in any setup, nothing is available locally to get you going again. I can would be able to just keep a spare module for the TFI. If I do go back to a Dual Sync distributor I'd probably go CNP setup at the same time. Guessing that can't be done with the TFI distributor?

Another thing I'm still deciding is weather I should even just run it in batch fire over sequential and if one suits stack EFI better? Cheers I'm sure there will be more.

Some good info posted in this link about the TFI module and remote mounting it also, posted by Danny.
    Still need to know what injector harness I should use as I'd guess they need to suit the Ford firing order right? Injectors and whether I should go batch or sequential, I'll just make up my own mind. Cheers.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...HP-to-Ford-TFI
    https://www.therangerstation.com/tec...mote_tfi.shtml

The 558-212/558-213 Ford fuel injector harness is "evenly spaced" for fitment reasons. The 558-209
    Ford fuel injector harness is the same as a 558-200 injector harness, but wired (pinned) for a Ford engine.
    http://documents.holley.com/efi_sele...chart62914.pdf (Holley HP & Dominator EFI Component Selection Guide)
    Look at the 558-200 & 558-213 pictures to see the fuel injector harness difference.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, R134a A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast