Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominator Inputs & Outputs

Default Dominator Inputs & Outputs

I have the Holley 558-500 LS1 24x harness installed. The harness has 4 Inputs & 4 Outputs. The only things I think I'll need is boost control, transbrake with a bump function. Will be using the Holley 554-111 solid state relay to control the bump feature. The arc switch panel will take care of start, fuel pump, cooling, etc. What I'm asking is, there any other Inputs & Outputs that you know of, that I'll need? As you can tell, this EFI stuff is all new to me, and trying to understand it. The car is a 2000 Camaro, going to be running it in the Holley Real Street class - LS Fest rules. If you can help guide me a little, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The only things I think I'll need is boost control, transbrake with a bump function.
    The electronic boost controller uses one custom Input (Dome Pressure sensor) & two Boost ICF Outputs (Fill & Vent solenoid valves).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....SI-Equivalents (Boost Control Information)

Will be using the Holley 554-111 solid state relay to control the bump feature.
    Depending on the bump box control type, you'll need 2 Inputs & 3 Outputs, or 2 Inputs & 1 Outputs.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....0899#post60899 (3 Relay vs 1 Relay Bump Box Versions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you Danny. Have a Merry Christmas.

Danny, one more question. On the 558-500 LS1 Harness, the plug with the 4 inputs & 4 outputs; do you know where I can get a connector to plug into this connector, so I can wire my dome sensor and fill & vent solenoids into?

Quote Originally Posted by BAD BOB View Post
    Yes. To connect up to 4 Inputs & Outputs to the EFI Main Harness, use I/O Auxiliary Harness 558-400.
    Eight Wire I/O Auxiliary Harness Connector Pin-Out (also in the Holley EFI Wiring Manual - LINK):
    Pin A...A12...White/Blue (Input #1) F,5,2,T,H,G
    Pin B...A3....White/Red (Input #2) F,5,2,T,H,G
    Pin C...A13...White/Black (Input #3) F,5,G
    Pin D...A4....White/Green (Input #4) F,5,G
    Pin E...B12...Gray/Yellow (Output #1) H,P+
    Pin F...B11...Gray/Red (Output #2) H,P+
    Pin G...B10...Gray/Black (Output #3) G,P−
    Pin H...B3....Gray/Green (Output #4) G,P−
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10516.pdf (Holley 558-400 I/O Auxiliary Harness Instructions)

The 558-400 I/O Auxiliary Harness is 20 feet long.
    It's "plug & play" into the main harness, and an easy way to connect common things like an electric cooling fan (Link).
    This I/O Auxiliary Harness isn't required for the optional oil & fuel pressure transducers, which are also "plug & play" into the main harness.
    The oil & fuel pressure transducers are used for Data Monitoring, Data Logging and setup Outputs based on oil & fuel pressure.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks guys. Just ordered from Holley.

Danny, trying to get this. I read on your other post about wiring the dome pressure sensor. Only the signal wire connects to the I/O Auxiliary Harness which will be [A12]. The +5V reference wire connects to the "Sensor 5V" pin (P1A - A26). The ground wire connects to the "Sensor Ground" pin (P1A - A18). I don't have these on my J1A/B 558-400 harness. What do I need to do?

I'm pretty sure you can tap into any +5V reference wire, and the same for the ground, in the main harness. You don't have to have a designated wire for both.

Correct. The +5V wires can tie into any +5V reference wire on any connector.
    And the ground wire can tap into any ground on any connector, except for ones used by Inductive Pickup devices such as cam/crank sensor & other speed sensors.

If you need a list of +5V & ground wires, you can look in the Help Contents, or you can just look at the Pin Map under the "View Fixed" tab.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast