Thread: Dual Dominator Help

Default Dual Dominator Help

I have a 9375 Dominator and a 8082
    I believe one is two circuit and one is three circuit.
    I'm not sure what I should do.
    I bought them used, kinda rough looking.
    I want to run them on a BBC 588, solid roller cam radical, manual clutch 5 speed, gasoline fuel.
    Can I ask for advise on how to get these ready to work right?
    Should I do certain things to them on my own?
    Or should I have someone rebuild them?
    Do they actually match and flow these to work together? How do I know I'm getting all that work?
    Thanks for any help and advice.

First I would ask, how ROUGH is ROUGH? Was it stored outside? Lots of tiny passages in carburetors then can get obstructed or clogged. If you have a local carb/race shop that would be willing to tell you rather or not, it is worth it. I would start with the main body, that's probably the most expensive, next to the base plate or metering plates.

If they're not too bad looking, buy a rebuild kit. $40 or so, rebuild one of them and give it a shot. If you haven't rebuilt a carb before, take it to a shop.

I'm in N.W. Ohio. Can you say who can help rebuild and set them up for me? I want to run them together on a tunnel ram. Thanks for the advice.