Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Startup Wizard Software

I'm fixing to do the exact same thing. I just purchased an older 550-406 Terminator. I also purchased the 553-108 separately.

Not sure which files I'll need to use. Ultimately, I'll be doing break-in & dyno tuning of new engine with the Terminator TBI. But once it goes in the car I'll be updating the Terminator ECU to HP specs and using a Dual Sync Distributor with it in sequential mode.

Since this is old and new hardware/software, and will be used in two different configurations, which EFI software versions will I need to have on my laptop to be able to do all of this? Confused yet? I am! Thanks guys.

Since you're updating, might as well go straight to V5 EFI software/ECU firmware.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Will that still allow it to be used with a GM small cap HEI like it does in its current configuration I wonder?
    I'd like to do break-in as it is then, switch to the most up to date software and SEFI setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
    Will that still allow it to be used with a GM small cap HEI like it does in its current configuration I wonder?
    Yes, GM HEI (Computer Controlled) is still one of the drop down Ignition Type options.

I'd like to do break-in as it is then, switch to the most up to date software and SEFI setup.
    However, the GM HEI distributor doesn't have a cam sync sensor, so it isn't capable of sequential EFI.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Yeah, just wanted to do break-in batch fired, then start tuning sequential once it's broke in and everything checks out. Too much to juggle with a brand new setup all at once.

OK, now I understand what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    OK, now I understand what you're doing.
    Yeah, trying to keep it simple on this engine run stand. I'll take it to a tuner once this final configuration is in place. I have all of the parts laying here except for the Dual Sync setup. I'll buy it this week. Thanks a million. Curious, are you a Holley employee? You sure do spend a lot of time here helping people. Thank you so very much for your prompt responses.

I'm not an actual Holley employee (I do this part-time), but I am paid by Holley. Thanks for the compliment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12