Thread: Hooker Tune Flow Mufflers.

mbc70 Guest

Unhappy Hooker Tune Flow Mufflers.

Has anyone experanced these mufflers yet?
    I had just purchased a pair of these mufflers for my 1988 Iroc.
    If anyone nows this generation of Camaros, they don not have a lot of room for dual exhaust.
    I have bilt this car from the ground up and did not skimp on my parts.
    So i paid a lot of money foer these mufflers and I had a perfesional custom exhaust shop install them for me.
    They weldled all the tubing so there would be no leaks and it looks very nice under the car.
    So I get the car home and started to ajust these mufflers for best performance. The instructions say ADJUSTABILITY WITHOUT DISASSEMBLEY!
    Well I started to losen the bolts like they say in the instructions. I still couldn't move the barrel to ajust the mufflers.
    So I completely removed the aluminum ring, to see wat the problem was. To my discovery I found the mufflers to be rusted inside.and the aluminum ring to be pitted. I appears that the mufflers had gotten wet at one time. Also the assemlbly of these mufflers was pore workmanship. Its looks as if they pressed the barrels in the tube and didn't line them up first. I still cannot adjust the mufflers because I can not loosen the barrels to rotaste them for adjustment. I had never seen such poor guality from come from HOOKER headers.
    I paid $200.00 dollars a peace for these mufflers, expecting quality craftsmanship.
    I still have no idea how I am going the be able to adjust these mufflers. I gues I am just stuck with this for now.
    I will save up my money and some day repalce them with a better guality muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by mbc70 View Post
    I still have no idea how I am going the be able to adjust these mufflers. I gues I am just stuck with this for now.
    I will save up my money and some day repalce them with a better guality muffler.
    mbc70
    We are sorry for the poor quality you recieved from your Hooker Mufflers. If you have purchase them within 90 days you can return them for a new set. If you are out of your 90 day warranty you should contact our Tech Service and send in the mufflers for a exchange.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused but it would be our pleasure to correct your problem.

Thanks
    Eric H
    Holley Performance

mbc70 Guest

I appreciate that, But I had them welded on.
    And yes, I have had them less than 90 days.
    I will have to cut them off now!

Mike

That's ok, you can still return them. Once you have them cut off contact Tech Service and they will help you with the exchange.
    Thanks
    Eric H

mbc70 Guest

Thank You, Eric
    I will take them off this weekend and contact tech support Monday.
    Thanks