Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erratic AFR with Learning active?

The MAP sensor came with the intake manifold already installed.
    I selected the MAP sensor in the drop down menu in the Holley software.
    And yes, MAP Y axis is still 0-285 kPa.
    Last edited by 1320king; 08-26-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1320king View Post
    The MAP sensor came with the intake manifold already installed.
    Replace it with a 1 bar MAP sensor, and select a 1 bar MAP sensor in the EFI software.

I selected the MAP sensor in the drop down menu in the Holley software.
    I know...I didn't ask you this.

And yes, MAP Y axis is still 0-285 kPa.
    Well, there's your problem! The MAP kPa scale was changed to 3 bar, but the Base Fuel Table still has 1 bar values.

Remember, the base calibration you start with, must correspond to the MAP sensor you're using:
    For example, you can't use a naturally aspirated base calibration for a forced induction engine.
    This is because the 2,3,5 bar MAP sensor selection only changes the kPa load Y-axis, but not the Base Fuel Table lb/hr
    values (creating an excessively lean map) or the Base Timing Table degree values (excessively advanced timing map).
    You must choose a 2,3,5 bar base calibration or reconfigure your existing Global Folder's Fuel & Timing Tables accordingly.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Any way I can keep the sensor on it, and adjust it accordingly?
    Or start with the LSx turbo base calibration, and adjust that accordingly?

Any way I can keep the sensor on it, and adjust it accordingly?
    Or start with the LSx turbo base calibration, and adjust that accordingly?
    No, don't use a forced induction base calibration for a naturally aspirated engine. That's a significant waste of Base Fuel Table resolution.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Well, what can I do, so I can use the 3 bar MAP sensor with current setup?

Well, what can I do, so I can use the 3 bar MAP sensor with current setup?
    In the meantime, while you wait for a 1 bar MAP sensor? (Like the engine is supposed to have.)

Yes, nobody has one near me. I have to order it.

Yes, nobody has one near me. I have to order it.
    1 bar MAP Sensor - Standard Motor Products AS17 (TBI & MPFI), AS60 (Terminator & LSx)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/554-120 (Holley EFI 1 bar MAP Sensor)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/538-24 (Holley EFI 1 bar MAP Sensor)

Danny, can't he keep the 3-bar MAP sensor and just re-scale the Y-axis to go from 0-100 kPa, using the values from the 480HP LS2 tune as a starting point? I'm assuming the 3-bar sensor will still take accurate measurements from 0-100 kPa, correct? He just won't be utilizing the 2-3 bar portion of the MAP sensor. Mike

If that works, I would love to do that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast