Thread: HydraMat For Aeromotive Stealth 340

Default HydraMat For Aeromotive Stealth 340

I hope this is the right spot to post. Does Holley make the HydraMat for the Stealth 340 in-tank pump?

The Holley HydraMats are universal in nature (Link). You have to choose one that best fits your fuel tank application.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

If you happen to be talking about an inlet connector for the Stealth fuel pump, that you can connect a suction line to, the answer is good luck. I'm looking too. Also, if you're using a stock style fuel tank, you might have a problem with the pump being too close to the bottom of the tank to connect to the HydraMat. I have a customer looking to figure out a solution, but nothing yet.
    Tom

I was hoping a "replacement" for the stock sock. Funny thing is that Aeromotive does not recommend the HydraMat, they claim that it restricts flow, which causes cavitation. Below 1/4 tank mine gets a stumble, so I was hoping that the HydraMat could be the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
    I was hoping a "replacement" for the stock sock. Funny thing is that Aeromotive does not recommend the HydraMat, they claim that it restricts flow, which causes cavitation. Below 1/4 tank mine gets a stumble, so I was hoping that the HydraMat could be the solution.
    I would be hard pressed to see Aeromotive recommending a product from a competitor. That being said, ARCA has, and will run the tank dang near dry during some of their runs between pit stops. I don't see the HydraMat as a restriction, but I have no data to backup that claim at this time. I'll see what I can find out though.
    <a href=http://www.modernspeed.net target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://www.modernspeed.net</a>

Modern Speed
    Derek Johnson
    270-619-3472

http://www.facebook.com/modernspeed

I looked into this product since it looks great.
    The issue is, it has a very low micron rating.
    If your running EFI, and it's boosted like mine, don't get it.
    Probably why Aeromotive can't recommended it.
    Still a very good product for a low volume fuel setup.
    SICKFOX

Quote Originally Posted by Sickfox View Post
    I looked into this product since it looks great.
    The issue is, it has a very low micron rating.
    But it also has much more surface area to draw fuel from, unlike a conventional fuel pre-filter (which is not to be used with a HydraMat). I'll do some more research later.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I do understand the greater surface area might look appealing. However a 15-micron rating is still 15-microns.
    If I took a 10-micron post filter and was able to spread it, it's still 10-microns.

I personally spoke with Holley tech support this summer about my setup, was advised it would not work,
    due to the volume my pump would command under boost.

The other minor setback is the mat acts like one huge filter. Once it gets dirty it cannot be cleaned and will need
    to be replaced. Don't see that happening soon, however, the customer should be aware.
    Last edited by Sickfox; 08-21-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    SICKFOX