Thread: Question on using the search feature on Holley.com.

Default Question on using the search feature on Holley.com.

Howdy, I hope this is the place for this question, as I was unable to find a more appropriate place. Of course, I may be the only idiot to need this help. When I search on Holley.com, say in the "Instructions & Manuals" area for example, it says to enter the Holley part number or list number to search for matching documents. When I enter the list number of any of my carbs, I get around 2,500 results. I confirmed that I was entering the correct list numbers, by checking my numbers against the numerical numbers list. I entered the info exactly as it is both on the carb and as it is on the list on Holley.com. The more info that I enter, the more results I tend to get. If I add 4150, or 4150 4BBL or whatever, it is of no help. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by dozerseeker View Post
    What am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.
    You're not doing anything wrong; that search webpage just isn't that useful for carburetors.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks Danny for the information. Do you have any suggestions for a search page that's useful for carburetors? Thanks again, Jeff.

I use Google search for every forum & everything (carburetor or EFI related). Bing search is a little
    better about being up-to-date (for recent threads), but I like Google's results (layout) a lot better.

With either search engine, use this format:
    site:forums.website.com "each search term/phrase in quotes"

If you want to also search by a forum member, include their name too:
    site:forums.website.com "username" "search terms in quotes"

Example: This search entry will direct you back to this thread.
    site:forums.holley.com "Danny Cabral" "search feature" "carburetors"
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires