Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bump Box Using SSR

Yeah, it's gotta go to the Holley first and let the Holley trigger the transbrake.
    You can't have it on both sides, you get a weird voltage drop from the lights, and it won't work right.

So just take the reverse Light switch wire, and go to a pin on the Holley ECU.
    Then in your Transbrake output, add that "Switched Input" (so there will be 2 instead of 1 in that window).
    Then you tell it to use "Single" instead of "All".
    That way your transbrake triggers by the button or by the reverse switch.
    Don't forget to use a relay between the reverse switch and the ECU, or put the reverse lights on a relay so there's no current going into the Holley ECU.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

For the 3 relay setup, what relays are you using? Holley for the solid state relay, and then 2 standard relays, or are the other 2 relays something different? Thanks.

Yes, one Holley solid state relay, and two conventional automotive relays.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you sir!

Does anyone have a link to the 4 pole SPST SSR they're using for the PWM+ connection. I have a new Holley SSR, but I'm already using both PWM− Outputs for my boost solenoids. Need to find the right + SSR, and sell the Holley one.

Anyone see an issue with wiring it this way?
    Attachment 2572

Quote Originally Posted by Tn10.5guy View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the 4 pole SPST SSR they're using for the PWM+ connection. I have a new Holley SSR, but I'm already using both PWM− Outputs for my boost solenoids. Need to find the right + SSR, and sell the Holley one.
    How many amps are you looking for? I'm using a Crydom D1D40 for a fuel pump. You can use PWM- or PWM+ with it, but be very careful with PWM+. It's much easier to fry the SSR. The MOSFETs in the SSR will fry *closed* if it shorts. That's why PWM- is used if you can.

Also, there are many knockoff SSRs out there, especially ones on Amazon and the Fostek brand.
    How many amps are you looking for? Keep in mind you need to use a flyback diode with an inductive load.

How did you wire up that Crydom solid state relay?

Quote Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
    How many amps are you looking for? I'm using a Crydom D1D40 for a fuel pump. You can use PWM- or PWM+ with it, but be very careful with PWM+. It's much easier to fry the SSR. The MOSFETs in the SSR will fry *closed* if it shorts. That's why PWM- is used if you can.

Also, there are many knockoff SSRs out there, especially ones on Amazon and the Fostek brand.
    How many amps are you looking for? Keep in mind you need to use a flyback diode with an inductive load.
    I point people at that one all the time: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...nJFefRNCHfU%3d
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by Cam406406 View Post
    How did you wire up that Crydom solid state relay?
    The above link shows you how to wire. It's important to remember polarity is important for both sides of it.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...4791#post94791
    Here's more info on running a pump off an SSR. I doubt a heat-sink is needed in a bump application, but it's a cheap expense, as is a 50V Schottky diode.
    Last edited by allan5oh; 09-24-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast